Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Themes Not Working With Alpha 21 on SM?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Themes Not Working With Alpha 21 on SM? Reply with quote

Is the ExComplete theme compatable with 3.9a21 or is it just my SM? Do I need to get a new metrics file or something? It won't let me play any mode from Beginner - Heavy, only allowing me to play Nonstop, Oni, and Endless.

Also, I tried the SM Max2 theme and it's only allowing me to play Light mode, however it crashes once I hit right to go past Light mode or when I hit enter to "accept" Light mode. What's up?

Should I just use the default theme? Is anyone getting any of these problems as well?

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure when the .smzip file installed it went to the right directory. when I ran the .smzip for the ddrexcomplete a21 theme, it actually extracted to the Stepmania CVS directory and not the themes directory, so i was trying to use the a20 ex theme with much frustration.

edit: oh, and with regards to the SMMAX2 theme, I believe they have a patch to it on their sourceforge page for a21.

now I just wish I could find an a21 5th mix theme frown.gif
View users profile Send private message
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And The Lord said,
Unto you I shall grant Foonmod,
And there was much rejoicing.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncognition wrote:
make sure when the .smzip file installed it went to the right directory. when I ran the .smzip for the ddrexcomplete a21 theme, it actually extracted to the Stepmania CVS directory and not the themes directory, so i was trying to use the a20 ex theme with much frustration.

edit: oh, and with regards to the SMMAX2 theme, I believe they have a patch to it on their sourceforge page for a21.

now I just wish I could find an a21 5th mix theme frown.gif

Ah, I think I know what the problem for that was. I just carried over my DDRExComplete theme that was compatible for Alpha 20, over assuming it'd work. Do you know where I can download the new DDRExComplete theme that's compatible for Alpha 21?

Anyways, I usually let the .SMZip program zip it to my Desktop where I manually move it in to the folder. I just do things like that, hehe.

Also, I really don't like the SM Max2 theme nor the interface of DDRMax2 really that much so I'll probably just delete it off my computer.

Heh, is FoonMix compatible with Alpha 21?

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: DDREXcomplete.

nyah

re: foonmod

nyah

step one: read those
step two: be happeh
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I'm confused by that FoonMix thread. ><

| Pics | Play-Asia |
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link I posted is directly to k//eternal's Foonmod download page, which I am running on SM A21. So try that link instead of the DDR Maniax forum (which is a mess).
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have FoonMix/Mod whatever mirrored some place as a .smzip or .zip file? Because I only have WinRAR and don't want to download that 7zip thing. =P

| Pics | Play-Asia |
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same reaction, but I just sucked it up E15.gif . I couldn't find a .zip or .smzzip file.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, okay. THanks. Is there a way I can just get the songs or just the theme?

| Pics | Play-Asia |
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

foonmod is just the theme. foonmix is the original japanese theme with the songs. I hope you have cable...
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, damn 7zip files. *shakes fist* Yeah, I'll probably download this when I get home tonight from Miggle.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
sherl0k
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hate how DDREXcomplete has wandered away from being arcade-accurate. I think it looks really bad now.

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky Hit Pirate sherl0k wrote:
I still hate how DDREXcomplete has wandered away from being arcade-accurate. I think it looks really bad now.

yeah, and it seems to me that all of the screen transitions are incredibly slow. really smooth, but it seems like it takes forever to get from one options menu to another.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncognition wrote:
Lucky Hit Pirate sherl0k wrote:

yeah, and it seems to me that all of the screen transitions are incredibly slow. really smooth, but it seems like it takes forever to get from one options menu to another.

Yeah, that's what I hate about it too - but I like it better than the default Max theme.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: