Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Freestyle or just Steping
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKoopa
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Freestyle or just Steping Reply with quote

E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif
I really curious how prople feel about this. Personaly I'd reather see some one play on light mode but dance the hole time. I mean the game is "DANCE DANCE" revolution not "STEP STEP" revolution. I live in the detroit area and there are a lot of guys that say that freestylers just do it because that cant play on heavy. thats not true. I'm the perfect example. yeah I can play the most difficult songs but I'd rather have fun and "DANCE" on standard or light. I just got serious about ddr about 2 months ago. I saw how much it was like breakdancing ( My number one love). I just want to see how people feel about freestyling because in the Detroit area they dog it out and say it not real DDR.

"I love to freestyle"
KingKoopa
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
DoesNMatter
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well......

For some reason I think the way I play is sorta like freestyling on heavy....

But I dont know cause when I play heavy, I look like I am dancing then just stepping......

Blow My Whistle You Little B!tch From My Healing Vision About My Midnite Blaze Named Candy!
View users profile Send private message Send email
DoesNMatter
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well......

For some reason I think the way I play is sorta like freestyling on heavy....

But I dont know cause when I play heavy mostly 1-9 steps, I look like I am dancing then just stepping......

Blow My Whistle You Little B!tch From My Healing Vision About My Midnite Blaze Named Candy!
Dance_More
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd rather watch someone doing well on heavy then watching them do a freestyle that probably sucks..anyway when i play i get into the steps and dance with them unless i'm concentraiting really hard.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
chibidjinn
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freestlyers are fun to watch....but overall I like watching steppers too.

Both! E1.gif
Kaleigh
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both. I think I'm a bit burnt out on on watching PA though, since almost all the DDR players in my area are PA'ers, we only have one freestyler. So, if there's some good freestylers, I really enjoy watching them. I'm pretty much all for watching either, though.
View users profile Send private message
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's two aspects to the game. Which is either Freestyling or PAing.

To me Freestyle is a hell of lot funner.
When People first here of The name Dance Dance Revoultion, they think of dancing. Not stepping on it and moving real fast. E15.gif

So I try to just improve everything I have on Freestyling, since to me dancing is real fun. And plus I love to do it on and off the pad.
Also, with the whole PA thing, it's real hard to be one of the best in your area or where ever. Since there's been so many people playing since the game came out. So I just gave up on PA.
But with FS, you can just start playing the game and perhaps within a month or so you can be really good at it. That'll probaly come from if whether you can dance or not in real life. In about a month you'll get use to the arrows and such, and you'll be able to bring what you got out side of the game in E4.gif Without messing up as much. E13.gif

With me though, I couldn't dance at all, but I started to play the game trying to get all good at PA (although I didn't know what the hell it was), playing all these hard songs thinking I was good. But then I see another ddr person, doing 5x better then me and getting nearly all perfects. I wanna become better then him or at the same level. But Figured if I get better then most likly that person will get better as well riiight.gif
So I just decided to quit the whole PA thing about a year or a little more into the game.

But know this though, I started to play the game cause of all these ddr videos I saw. I wanted to do all of what they were doing (Freestyling E4.gif )
And so, as months went by I got better at dancing and better at freestyling.I started off with regular knee drops and stupid things like that. But learned they were really lame and moved on to better stuff E4.gif .

And now I can dance really good: Pop, Liquid, Hip hop E1.gif

This all just took a long time. But I'm there. And still I get better as more months pass.

But anyways laugh.gif riiight.gif
Yea, I think DDR should be more about freestyling.
But then again, the game was made for PAing I guess. Not 100% sure on that, but it looks like it.
Sunkist
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like watching someone PA a lot more, FS just doesn't entertain me at all.
Double-you
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like watching people who play the maxes like they are nothing.
LonerBoi
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see someone else besides me or my bro FS. I mean FS is the best. laugh.gif . I FS too, but I wouldn't say that I'm that good. But if there are any heavy players who come and say that I can't even play heavy, I'll just bust out my FS or Oni and show them.
Right now I'm trying to memorize paranoia survivor standard. That'll show them.
Sesshomaru
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love to FS. but i also love to just play with out freestyling. if you watch closily, your always dancing when you play, freestyling is just making it more obvious.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: A land full of Bulbasaurs, cute seals, and Tare Pandas! ^_^;;
11. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I prefer freestyling, because I have more fun peforming than just stepping.

But I do both freestyling and stepping though. riiight.gif

As for watching, I don't mind watching both stepping or freestyling, because it's always interesting to see people improving on DDR whether it be in the technical or artistic aspect.

::thumbs up:: E4.gif

L8z! E13.gif

~ Tsinay Butterfly flash.gif
DDR is a GAME, not a LIFESTYLE! E13.gif
My LiveJournal | My Xanga Thingy | AIM: Always In Motion | MY World.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
EndlessWaltz
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...... i think freestyling is better because it
involves creativity and thinking. if you pa bassicly your just
stepping. they are both fun though
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Maaza
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step Step Revolution = maniac steps on 3rd Mix

But besides that, I'm a "technical" player for the simple fact that I can't really dance. I'd rather watch a person pass difficult songs on heavy and getting full combos than seeing another person do knee drops and handplants to an over-played song on light.

But that's just me.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd rather watch a person pass difficult songs on heavy and getting full combos than seeing another person do knee drops and handplants to an over-played song on light.

OMG laugh.gif

That's not even considered freestyling anymore. That's what n00bZ do.
Real Freestyling is about the dancing E13.gif

I don't really think PA is more entertaing to watch then FS. Beacause, with Freestyle you're already doing the steppin part of it, and combining a lot more. Even though you're not moving really fast or whatever like to songs such as the Maxs. But why would you rather watch someone face the screen and look liek they're spazing out then to watch someone facing you showing off their moves and trying to put a smile on your face E15.gif [/quote]
Maaza
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freestyling around here is more comical than anything. No one's really impressed by it anymore.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xiaoyu .78-yeah SSR=heavy on third mix LOL-who remembers that anymore??? You need to get out to places other than Arrundel Mills for FS. At R3 FS is really casual and fun (no knee drops or noob stuff though-YUCK) but at other local events like Playland and Pyris Style tournaments the FS can be quite impressive. Some of the Waldorf players are as good at FS as they are at PA (AAA's in the hundreds). I haven't really seen any "real" FS at AM but I'm not there that often so maybe I missed something. IMO the best regional FS is found in Jersey usually at The Break tourneys.
Back to the original question though-I think FS is fun to watch but so is tech. Fez and Lil Chris doing Max300 heavy left shuffle is always fun to watch but so is watching Brent FS as a nun.
Mom

After about the 20th tournament I stopped counting...

check us out at www.musicboxrocks.com

www.myspace.com/musicboxrocks
www.myspace.com/ddrmom
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Frank09872
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. I haven't seen a really good freestyle around my area in a while. I mean, I've seen some nice stuff, but PA's are just more interesting and tricky imo. That is unless your DJ 8-Ball, in which case you've got my undevided attention. laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw man, I think Cali has better freestylers.
But Mabe on the east coast, 8 on the Break
Ryu_Hirakashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to all of you pro freestylers in this thread. I hate to bust your bubble but DDR isn't about dancing at ALL. It just merely focuses on dance music as its main theme.

Hence, "Dance Dance Revolution"

I'm sorry but freestyling is just a lame option that some people who couldn't play the game correctly came up with.

It is really sad to watch people making fools of themselves trying to dance on a game when it would be easier just to go to a club or something. I mean plenty of people do there.

If DDR really was about dancing in the first place then all that is technical about the game would not exist, and it would be a big dancing simulator.

Hence, the game wouldn't be about keeping beat and you'd have to follow the arrows to do an actual dance( ect. para para)

I'm sorry you fools are so deluted into thinking these things, but as tech player I forgive you. riiight.gif laugh.gif
For a beginner, if learning how to play pop'n music is like a parent holding his / her child's hand while crossing a busty street, then learning to play IIDX is like being kicked out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere and having to scrape enough money for a taxi cab ride home.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: