Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDRMax 3 Idea! You would need a PS3!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyersPh9
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: DDRMax 3 Idea! You would need a PS3! Reply with quote

The best idea so far I think! All you need is a two disk set (2 disk trays) put DDR3 in one and a CD like ludacris and it would make a beat up for it! That would be wicked a55 awsome! And this would be for PS3 btw! Here are a bunch of pictures...http://www.geocities.com/zipzappro/gigabite.html

Last edited by FlyersPh9 on Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
DDRJeffP
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Welcome to the forums.
2. DDR Ultramix did not have this feature. It will never appear in any DDR game ever in the whole entire history of the universe. The only thing remotely similar to this is Goo Goo Soundy for Japanese PS1.
Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

2. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UME-Type2 ~mr.KATASTROFY~ wrote:
The only thing remotely similar to this is Goo Goo Soundy for Japanese PS1.

One of these days I will figure out what the heck is with that game. I LOVE the little loading screen guy, he dances so funny. You've gotta love Ebay for getting these games that very few people have heard of for like $12.
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a program for the DDR Simulators that makes it's own steps to songs (as generic as the steps are), called Dancing Monkeys.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would the ps3 have 2 cd-trays and those are just concept arts, that are jokes.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread is pointless as there is no such thing as the PS3. sony hasn't even give thought to develop it. anything, and i mean anything you here about it is a rumor. trust me, i've got a friend that works at sonys computer entertainment department in japann and i've talked to 8 people who work for SCEA. the same answer comes from all of them, theres no such thing as a PS3, and when news does come of one, it would be in 06 or 07 because right now, sony has tons of plans still in store for the PS2. the PS2's hard drive is due out soon as is many other new components and games.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sesshomaru wrote:
this thread is pointless as there is no such thing as the PS3. sony hasn't even give thought to develop it. anything, and i mean anything you here about it is a rumor. trust me, i've got a friend that works at sonys computer entertainment department in japann and i've talked to 8 people who work for SCEA. the same answer comes from all of them, theres no such thing as a PS3, and when news does come of one, it would be in 06 or 07 because right now, sony has tons of plans still in store for the PS2. the PS2's hard drive is due out soon as is many other new components and games.

Then how come many developers claim to be developing for PS3?
Jessus
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is stupid. if you knew how computers worked, then you'd know about RAM, which lets it store information even when the disc is not in the playstation. so it's already possible, it's just not going to happen.
Sesshomaru
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UME-Type2 ~mr.KATASTROFY~ wrote:
Sesshomaru wrote:

Then how come many developers claim to be developing for PS3?

thats not true eather. a few developers claim to be developing PS3 games, when the system is in development and near the end. that may be what you heard. but tell me, if everyone still believes theres a PS3 in the making, why would sony make a new system when they have so many plans for the current one? and another thing. many people have been mistaking the new PSX(which was realeased in japan this month) for the PS3.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kewl kewl i think the one is the little tiny pic which is might be the main one to come out the silver one...bah
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. There are going to be no more mixes after DDR Extreme.
2. Somebody has already made a thread a while ago that had the idea of making step patterns to songs on CD's.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, double post
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps3 is developing, where have you been living for the past year, under a rock seriously. The ps3 is having some chip thing called the cell (being created by sony and toshiba) which is supposed to be 10x or 100x(cant remember) than the emotion engine
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

First of all, just because someone works for the company doesn't mean they're privy to all sorts of trade secrets. Secondly, even if they do know any details besides what's been publically released (which is very unlikely), they would have had to sign a nondisclosure agreement.

Yes, there's still more power to be milked out of the PS2. Yes, Sony will continue to push it up until the release of the PS3, but that doesn't mean the PS3 isn't coming. As someone else mentioned, they've has already announced the CPU(s) that they plan to use in the PS3 along with several technical partners who will be assisting with the development of the system. I might be wrong, but I think production of the Cell chip has already begun or will begin very soon.

Sony will stick to the 5 year development cycle because they have to. People already complain about the PS2's graphical inferiority when compared to the Xbox. They won't risk the possibility of Microsoft or Nintendo beating them to the market for the next console generation.

So to sum things up: you're wrong, don't trust people just because their jobs sound important and read some press releases from time to time.

Quote:
1. There are going to be no more mixes after DDR Extreme

DDR is on hiatus. That doesn't mean it's over. Furthermore, the only thing that's been halted is production of new Japanese mixes (arcade mixes in particular), so it's entirely possible - and very likely, in fact - that we will continue to see new American versions for as long as the game retains its popularity in the US.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CD like ludacris

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. E1.gif
Tamashii Uno
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree with Sesshoumaru on this one. This post is pointless...yet Regenesis is correct as well. They do have to sign a hush-hush agreement in their contract, so if there is a PS3 out there, its not like we'd know right away. If I were them, I wouldn't change a thing. Think about it: the PS2 is pretty good on its own. Granted they can do better, but that's the point of marketing. Like when DDRMax2 was released in the US and DDRExtreme was already in arcades and released in Japan a few short months afterward. They have the technology, they might even have the product, but they will never send it right away because it loses their money (actually, it's kinda evil, but a lot of things are evil in this world that we like, like chocolate, or money, or Kikyo off of InuYasha laugh.gif )

Dont you just hate faceless, multimillion dollar, international, multicorporational conglomerates when they do that!?
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Tamashii Uno
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamashii Uno wrote:

Dont you just hate faceless, multimillion dollar, international, multicorporational conglomerates when they do that!?

Big words are fun! laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
BTTB
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sess, I've see visual proof of a PS3.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The machine would also have to pre cache the music for this. It needs to generate steps a few seconds in advance to display them on the screen.
Ultimately any problem can be solved with the application of a large stone to the correct skull. Problems surface when one cannot find a large stone or the correct skull. The devil lies within the details.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Jeff's Bawls
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

19. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, now PS3 is comin. Everything is so expensive. That's gonna be a good $250-$300 when it comes out.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: