Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I want my pc connected to my tv

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OmegaFreeStyler
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: I want my pc connected to my tv Reply with quote

isn't there a cord for that or sumthin? well can you post a link to where ican buy one. thx in advance...

My PSX Game News:
Got the beta test out, now i need to make an iso
View users profile Send private message
ぽんと鳴る対の蜂
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your settings says something like that then you don't have to do anything, just buy the hookup. If it doesn't, however, you should go to www.redoctane.com and hop over to the Pump it Up section, and you will find a converter that looks like a remote control.

EDIT: It's here: http://www.redoctane.com/etv.html

VISIT MY WWW
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
OmegaFreeStyler
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, where can i get the wire/hook up and can you give me a pic of it cause i already have a card w/tv out

My PSX Game News:
.simgar
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright well you say your video card has outgoing to tv? is this S-Video or is it the single plug (yellow wire) video?
S-Video looks like the plug to your keyboard, and if not then it looks like an audio port..something you put headphones in
Either way you need a matching port on your TV to transmit video..check RadioShack..I'm sure even WalMart has stuff like that biggrin.gif
As for audio, get a long audio cord to hook up to a stereo system or better speakers if you're lucky..I still have to use my pc speakers since I don't have a cable riiight.gif
As for me I have an S-Video port and when I plug it in to the back of the tv, the layout is something like this:

O(S-Video)
o o
o o o O (RF)
o o o <----------audio input
\/
Video 1 and Video 2 (with audio)

when I have Video 1 plugged in AND my S-Video cable I can't use the S-Video output on my video card, which is a slight problem..just thought I'd give some insight

good luck

"Today fades away, but now is forever..choose the left or the right, the up or the down..just don't be afraid to make the step."

too much ddr? nah..feet aren't broken yet..
*snap* aww crap...too much ddr...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
OmegaFreeStyler
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need the plug, cuz its not an s-video

My PSX Game News:
AcidBurnISU
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its not Svideo you just need a simple video RCA cable, the yellow on. You plug it into the video card and then you plug it into your TV. Reboot your computer with your TV on and viola, computer on your TV. The cable is like $6 at radio shack.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
OmegaFreeStyler
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanx [every1]

My PSX Game News:
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: