Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

PyDDR for Mac Help

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junkyard Angel
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: PyDDR for Mac Help Reply with quote

Okay. I have the Pygame kitchen sink installed, the main program installed, and the step file, .ogg file, and background for a sample song, all scattered throughout my hard drives. My problem is for one, the pyDDR application immediately quits after I open, and also I can't find the Music and pyDDR Songs folder to put my sample songs! Help!
View users profile Send private message
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to put the Songs folder into the Music folder in your home directory. Or, more specifically:

/Users/(your user name)/Music/

Why this is hardcoded to be there, I don't know.
Staff Member
Staff Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the folder is actually /users/<you>/music/pyddr songs
everything goes in there (no sub-folders). I believe the application will close automatically if this folder doesn't exist. There are a couple of sample songs on the pyddr site - they worked fine, I struggled through getting R3 and sakura to work, and then lost my patience (i don't really play much ddr anymore).

You can change that location by editing a configuration file buried deep inside the pyddr application package. Instructions are in the readme file which is also inside the application package in /Content/Resources/README and /content/resources/pyddr.txt

EDIT: you'll have to create the pyddr songs folder yourself. Just go to ~/music and make it, then put your songs inside.

You might try creating symlinks to the other files you want added in. It's not pretty but I'll bet it works and you shouldn't have to move everything then.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: