Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Will a simulator ruin the game?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoshiFan
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Will a simulator ruin the game? Reply with quote

Over the past few months, I have been debating whether or not to get a Japanese PS2 for Max and Max 2. Any modchips or flip tops are out of the question. I was thinking that until I make a decision on getting the system or not, I should get an adapter to use a dance pad with Stepmania or DWI. The reason I am hesitating is because I figure if I play all my favorite songs from 6th and 7th mix then decide to get the Japanese PS2, it will ruin the whole point of getting the system since I will have already played out the songs. Has anyone else first used a simulator then gotten the real game (any version) and had it ruin the game for them? Then the whole other issue of, why spend $400 on a Japanese PS2 and 2 games when I can almost get the exact thing on the simulator but I still sort of want the real versions.

I'm going to eventually get an adapter anyway since the 3rd Mix Korean 2 songs and some other songs were never released on a home version so the only way I'll ever play them is on a simulator but I'm not sure if it's the right way to go in terms of being able to play the other songs.
View users profile Send private message
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

1. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you like everything to be totally "official" then obviously buying the games for Playstation works best. The Simulators can easily spoil you with its unlimited song database.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if ur a true hardcore ddr fan, then i would do both. Although u can use the simulators just the same as consoles, the console games, like said b4, lacks the DDR feeling you would get from playing the official game, however it is VERY close especially when u have an animation going in the backround.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: