Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The official DWI judge
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crza
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Sittin in my chair jackin-err playin DWI. Yeah that's it...
0. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: The official DWI judge Reply with quote

Basically this thread is for anyone who has made a custom DWI that they think is so good that it should be in a real DDR game. Basically here are the rules:

1) Only submit a request for one song at a time. After your song is judged, you can request another one.

2) Some of your songs may not be judged at all. As of right now it's only me judging them. And I don't have all day to be doing this. So sorry if I miss a couple.

3) Notice the forum is called the official DWI judge. Note that this means that any kind of criticism can be given, whether it be constructive or destructive. So if you're giving me one, make sure it's good or I will shout to the heavens, "This sucks AZZ!!!" if I find it necessary. Be aware of this while posting.

4) Plz just post links to pages with your song on them. Don't post anything else.

5) Update to concede with the rules - Ok, if you wanna post ur opinion about a judge's decision, go ahead. But chances are it won't be replied to unless it has a valid argument.

6) Do not PM me with songs I should review or any arguments about songs. I just don't care. If I get bogged up with mail about songs I should get, I'll take locking this up into consideration.

7) If you can abide by the rules, I'm sure you'll have a good time. Enjoy!

I'm still looking for more people for a panel. Right now I only need 2 more. If you wanna do it, PM me. But be aware that you will need to spend a significant time on here so that this stays up. And if anyone wants to put up any news on Tournamixes or whatever. PM me and I'll post it up here. Thx!

Last edited by Crza on Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
onoessnaked
Staff Member
Staff Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh. Tournamix on a smaller scale blink.gif

Well, it explains the disappearance
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

2. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: The official DWI judge Reply with quote

GT-R wrote:
P.S. I wanna see one of urs Phrekwenci! ;)

Just get Zero One by me and PerfectAsymmetry and play the Challenge steps. Go judge that.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge my version of Zero-One, look for it on the latest page of the topic "get your .dwis and .crs here". I'd appreciate some comments.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

4. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, judge everyones Zero One, while your at it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join your board. I think I've played enough dwi's (290 as of yet) to be qualified. And I love to criticize people laugh.gif

www.gamehippo.com - Quite possibly the worlds largest source of freeware
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
onoessnaked
Staff Member
Staff Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a version of Zero One E2.gif

(Is it like, some pre-requisite or something? "You must have a version of Zero One or you can't call yourself a DWI-maker"? laugh.gif )

View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

7. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ntrophi wrote:
I don't have a version of Zero One E2.gif

(Is it like, some pre-requisite or something? "You must have a version of Zero One or you can't call yourself a DWI-maker"? laugh.gif )

It seems that way, so far. Get crackin'! thumb.gif
Staff Member
Staff Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I have a version of SOS (The Tiger Stole my Family) ...Does that count? E4.gif

*hopeful*

EvilDave219
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my favorite DWI:
Maxx Resurexxtion
(Note, I didn't make this, DJ Demon did so give him the credit)

This sounds sooo much better than all the Maxxes on real DDR mixes. You have to try it out. I am 100% sure you will like it, even if you hate all other Max songs.
[R]
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shalashaska wrote:
Here is my favorite DWI:
Maxx Resurexxtion
(Note, I didn't make this, DJ Demon did so give him the credit)

This sounds sooo much better than all the Maxxes on real DDR mixes. You have to try it out. I am 100% sure you will like it, even if you hate all other Max songs.

agreed, that is the best Maxx remix i've heard.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hell, judge everyones Zero One, while your at it.

lol, sorry If I I pi$$ed you off there... laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Crza
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I didn't check back thinkin that no one would reply but it seems like ppl like it so ill get crackin' on Zero One I guess. (Am I sensing hostility, Phrekwenci? laugh.gif )
And I've long since had Maxx Ressurection for a long while. Yes it is the best original Max, but I think LoM is better. Something with MaxxRes.'s steps are a tiny bit weird and I can't hit them sometimes. Really, sometimes. Other times I can hit it. This song tho should definitely be in DDR tho. It passes.
Phrekwenci, I'm dling Zero one right now, I'll come back and edit this post when I'm finished. But if you wanna do a little judging yourself, I have only 1 DWI that I have made so far (I'm kinda busy with DDR History 2), it's called Multiplayer Battle on Bemanisims. Why don't you dl it and tell me what you think...
Evil Boris whatever, sure you can join the board, just try and do as much as you can. But from now on to everyone, just PM me if you wanna join.

Edit Ok I played ZeroOne. First of all, PerfectAsymetry - WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? They felt too weird and off key. You should definitely revamp those steps. They don't go with the music well. IMHO, it wouldn't be in a DDR mix.
Phrekwenci - Hmmmm, you can't really enjoy a song unless you thoroughly analyze how the steps go with the beat. It seems that you attempted to do that with every arrow. If I could summarize your steps, it would be Xenon and So Deep's illegitamate child. I enjoyed your steps the second time around, and yes I could see this in a DDR mix. Your steps pass. Happy now? biggrin.gif

Last edited by Crza on Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total
G-Dragon
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=file.php&id=2569
http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=file.php&id=3024
http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=file.php&id=3162

E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I've played Dark Sam's version of Zero-One and I must say that his steps are a lot more fun than Phrek's. They're a lot easier also. But here's where the realism factors in. Xenon was in Extreme, if you're gonna put in an un named copy (like DXY! and Stoic, they're basically the same song), you gotta make it around the same difficulty or harder. Still tho, it would make it in there.

Good Cool, I'll get to you later, it's bedtime now.

OK NEW RULES! One submission at a time (*cough Good-Cool), wait for someone to judge the file, THEN put up another one. I don't have enough time to be doing all of these. And let's plz try to limit posting files that aren't yours. I'm not saying don't (yet) but try to keep it to a minimum.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt mind opinions on mine.

www.ragemix.tk
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=file.php&id=2958

Tell me, based on playing this with your feet, is this an 8 or a 9? I'm not rightfully sure, and nobody gives comments on files over on BemaniSims... damn leeches....
PerfectAsymmetry
Staff Member
Staff Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT-R wrote:

Ok I played ZeroOne. First of all, PerfectAsymetry - WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

you hit the nail on the head...did you honestly think I'd expect you to do that on foot? I've learned you can't please anyone but yourself. I've made songs for feet "spaceman, open your eyes" and I've made some for keyboard "rislim, zero-one, nights and reala" and whenever I make one type, someone complains because it's not like the other type. I no longer care.
Administrator
Administrator

18. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: The official DWI judge Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
GT-R wrote:
P.S. I wanna see one of urs Phrekwenci! ;)

Just get Zero One by me and PerfectAsymmetry and play the Challenge steps. Go judge that.

And technically, I told you to play only the challenge steps.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok on my browser, Bemanisims is down for the moment, so I can't judge any of them (Where you at Boris?). And GoNinja, I take it you didn't read the last few posts so I'll reiterate, only one song at a time, there's no way I'm doin that much. I guess I'll just edit the first post then...

Phrekwenci - Yah you're right, u did say the challenge steps. ( I think I know why...) So when are you gonna judge mine then massa?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: