Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Any "Weird" DDR things to share with everyone??
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyFreak457
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Any "Weird" DDR things to share with everyone?? Reply with quote

OKay, I am gonna admit something really stupid! I have 2 DDR pads at home, One of them broke so I ordered a new hard pad ove the net. During the week I was waiting for it, I really wanted to play doubles. So I played one side with the pad and the other with my PS2 controller!!! It actully gets kinda hard cause I always get confused on what side is which controller. LOL anywayz that's my "Weird Thing" blink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ZanyWz
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

Wierd DDR thing eh...well....I was at the arcade when a broken arrow was being replaced (someone decided to put a penny on the thing and stomp on it, the bums) and I asked for the broken arrow since it was going in the garbage anyways. Now I have this blue arrow with tape across it in my room. I plan on building a full arcade machine, 1 broken piece at a time! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

...ok maybe not that wierd. I do show it to anyone who comes within 10 feet of my room with pride though E10.gif
View users profile Send private message
sHadOwDAncErs
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh...my weird thing in DDR is the way I play E15.gif JK lol

Um... I think the wierdest thing that happen to me in DDR was playing on the pad with spilled soda on it so it was extra sticky and while you were play other kids were "Splashing" even more soday on it disturb.gif
And it suX if you were thirsty drool.gif E15.gif

My Pretty Much Daily Issues A Shadow can never leave traces behind
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Drenchfur
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked RedOctane to design a keyboard-sized DDR pad. I went into detail explaining the size of the buttons, how they should feel, and how they should click. I want to play doubles mode at home without pads!

RedOctane wrote:
You might want to tyr out mini-controllers out, but we do not see much demand for DDR for the fingers. However, we will look into it and possibly putting an item like this out may create that demand.

Dang. I tried the mini-controllers out. I used to own two of them! An interesting novelty, but the buttons look and feel like elevator ones.

Imagine a doubles-ready controller similar to Pop 'N' Music? It's never gonna happen unless a lot of people whine for one.

*whine* E2.gif
Daniel
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drenchfur wrote:
I asked RedOctane to design a keyboard-sized DDR pad. I went into detail explaining the size of the buttons, how they should feel, and how they should click. I want to play doubles mode at home without pads!

RedOctane wrote:
You might want to tyr out mini-controllers out, but we do not see much demand for DDR for the fingers. However, we will look into it and possibly putting an item like this out may create that demand.

Dang. I tried the mini-controllers out. I used to own two of them! An interesting novelty, but the buttons look and feel like elevator ones.

Imagine a doubles-ready controller similar to Pop 'N' Music? It's never gonna happen unless a lot of people whine for one.

*whine* E2.gif

Why ruin DDR by transforming it into some lazy finger jamming experience? DDR is supposed to be a dancing game! The best way to get good at it is to actually play it the way it is meant to be played.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Robert H. Magnusson
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... Naki, makers of the Dance Pad Revolution 2 - my favorite home pad thus far - actually did make a smaller, $10 controller, sort of a mini dance pad. I was not satisfied with the amount of pressure required to activate the buttons - dance games require absolute minimal pressure to trigger the pad. I did sell it to GameStop but only got 50 cents (original price: $10)... I don't think Naki makes the smaller one anymore.
NinJiTSu OLOL!O!1!1
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Daniel"]
Drenchfur wrote:
Why ruin DDR by transforming it into some lazy finger jamming experience? DDR is supposed to be a dancing game! The best way to get good at it is to actually play it the way it is meant to be played.

we all said that.

then came stepmania. frown.gif
(but i still love it)
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: wait, fall, laugh, fail Reply with quote

the only funny thing i can say is I was at the arcade waiting to play for like an hour and finally when I get up there i A and AA the first 2 songs on doubles heavy, and then i go to the finishing touches Waka Laka heavy...right before the end of the song I over steped the side pannel and tripped off the machine, everyone was laughing at me riiight.gif by teh time i got up i had already failed E15.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Drenchfur
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel wrote:

The same way people ruin the game by using the bar? Speak for yourself! It's a matter of personal preference. At home, knowing I've hit the right buttons at just the right time (and getting a full combo) is satisfying enough for me. Besides, my living room is small!

To play doubles at home, I configured the controller so that L2=left.gif L1=down.gif R1=up.gif R2=right.gif and the D-pad control the left side, and the 4 game buttons control the right side. I've become rather good at mentally seperating the halves, but cannot move fast enough - and am forced to stay on singles. A large 8-button pad would allow me to tap buttons with either hand's fingers.

Don't get me wrong. A good song with great doubles steps is one of the most satisfying things I can physically do - in the arcade!
Brigg Brags About Bag
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing Daikenkai on heavy one and all of a sudden, a non-DDR related thought breezed through my mind and I went blank, But my feet wre still moving. By the time I realized this, The fast part had already started...

The weird part is....I had a full combo up to that point...

It was weird for me....
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DJ_QUACKQUACK
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there was this one time when i was playing konamix at home and i was doin la senorita virtual and when it got to the part around the last stretch of 8th notes, the music just stopped playing, you couldn't hear it, but the game was still going.... E19.gif ...after like 5 seconds or so of awkward silence, the music then continued after 5 seconds or so just in time for the last 3 or so steps...luckily, I didn't break my combo E13.gif
Ephyx
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok yah, i got really bored one day of just playing the normal way, so i turned my TV upside down, and got on the pad at my house, and played on my head... its very very hard and the blood rushes to your head... i suggest it. it makes the game a little harder when ur upside down...

P.S. if you cant stand on ur hands(like me) get up against a wall and lean on it... it makes it a lil eaiser

= In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded =
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Youth_Keros
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one day my friend fell off the machine while freestlying to a light song
i laughed
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
RecklessAndUnderpaid
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a feeling a lot of people get this too:
while halfway though many of the songs i know fairly well, ive noticed my eyes go out of focus...but my legs keep moving, i dont realy see the arrows, but i can understand and do them, no problem
i would like to see what i look like playing with my eyes out of focus, kinda glazed-over look, almost high.... drool.gif
my older brother calls it auto-mode....i guess i play some songs a little too often riiight.gif
USDForum
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grab the bar and fling myself around it, kinda like gymnasts do.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanna know something wierd???? i play DDR!!!! i thinkk of ddr as an addiction, not a game.... i spend all my money on it, every single dollar goes into hinkle tokens for this game, if you think about it, how can ddr improve your future?? there are no careers that involve arrow smash, its really really fun and all, but what can this game really give to you, stamina and strength?? thats all i can think of... the way i got into this trap was the day i broke up with my ex ex g/f , i was tired of her stupid excuses for not wanting to hang out with me. so the day after i broke up with her i had allkinds of money that i was gunna spend on her, when i decided to goto the local walmart with my friend, it was then, where i found the addiction, i think i spent then about 15 dollars on a 1 step " 1 2 3 4 007" i was in a stage of insecurity and doubt, where i then grabbed for the first life support i could find, DDR... see i used to skateboard and all untill i got my g.f, from there i would want to spend my weekends with her instead of my board, and soon i lost my once loved hobby.... now my only true love is DDR!!!!! uhh... .ha thats some pretty humerous poopy nah?? uhhh piece out and indugle in my stupidity
tails.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: step team????????? Reply with quote

just remembered another funny thing. When I was at disney world at the innovations place me and my brother were playing disney ddr. After we finished out song which was like its a small world ducking hardcore mix or whatever ut is E15.gif a guy walked up to us and said. "Wow! U guys did great. Hey, are you on a step team? because i know some churches around this area that have them." We were like um....no disturb.gif lol, after we walked out of the place we laughed about it for hours. And we even do to this day laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
MR. Ziggy
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brigg wrote:
I was playing Daikenkai on heavy one and all of a sudden, a non-DDR related thought breezed through my mind and I went blank, But my feet wre still moving. By the time I realized this, The fast part had already started...

It was weird for me....

Yesh, happens a lot for meh, pretty cool.
Greatest song accplishment(Bad spelling):AAAing Max. (period), on Stepmania though, and I got a pic.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Mikeh
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR. Ziggy wrote:
Brigg wrote:

It was weird for me....

Yesh, happens a lot for meh, pretty cool.

I just go blank, but my feet is still moving...
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mini-Afro-Joe
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole mind going blank thing happends to me alot when i play 6 panel, because the first or second time i tried six panel, just for sshits and giggles i tried dadarium kcp mix on maniac, and surprisingly enough somehow my brain conprehended the steps and my feet beat it.. my mind was lost and my friends were amazed... six panel is cool..... disturb.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: