Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

My First Bad Experience With A Kid And DDR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paper_Joe returns
Trick Member
Trick Member

80. PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llitlle kids piss me off so much sometimes. Sometimes I just wanna grab their little bodies and toss them into a wall. E1.gif

And then use them as a football and punt them into a chocolate factory where they'll eat the chocolate and then they'll eventually eat themselves to death and I can dance around and die happy. E1.gif

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
[DMB]ziggy4719
Trick Member
Trick Member

81. PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

i myself am 12 (u all thought i was older right) but im no @$$ hole. i dont whine i understande how coin line works! all that stuff but even as a kid i hate kids laugh.gif here are my experience...s

1) I HATE the kids who think ddr is easy eacuse its like danceing and here all like i can dance and then they put a dollar in and are all returin to center stomp and the funny ones who freeze there..oh there were there two girls uhh 10/9 and it was there first time and they did heavy versus (they liked green she said as she picked heavy laugh.gif ) so they platyed froze there looking after about 4 seconds they failed can u say bye bye $2?

2)boys who think there all cool in front of there g/f's and fail in a second ive seen this many times it just gets funnier and funnier..

BOTTOM LINE:little grils who think there all cute and people think its easy because it a dance game are wrong now go back home and do your crappy dancing somewhere else frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif ahhhhh laugh.gif ok im done E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Delphy
Trick Member
Trick Member

82. PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of young girls were being really annoying before I started, wanting to shadow me.

Needless to say, a quick decision to play double was made, with the caveat "don't get anywhere near me - I don't know where I'm going to end up" E15.gif
n2oxide
Trick Member
Trick Member

83. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

once at CHQ willowbrook there were some real n00bs girls there. about 4 years under my age. they're finishing on beginner Cartoon Heroes when i put my token on the machine. Girl A on pad 1 picks it up while im playing silent scope. ok wow, where did my token go? i put another one there, thinking well i have a ton of tokens left. girl A picks it up and says "Wow another tip!" I explain the reason that people put it there, and they go "finders keepers!" and run around like some fools in a circus. i got the manager out there and got them banned for taking my tokens and not giving them back.

best part is, they left a cup of tokens by the ddr machine E9.gif that they forgot about on their way out, with about $5 left in there.
Basic Member
Basic Member

84. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: yup yup yuppers Reply with quote

i remember a whole bunch of kids from ages 6-8 saying i was really good and i was beating my older bro by doing some tricks like turning around and getting down and playing with my hands and kness E7.gif , well then the kids got on and started messing up the beat and i didn't got a frikin D frust.gif , so i put in my next 50 cents while my brother sits down to rest, the little kids did the same thing again except they didn't know i was doing doubles so i just shoved the lil kids away and they went away, next they come back with an older sister and i explain what happened and now look at me! i'm dating her!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aimbot
Trick Member
Trick Member

85. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even worse than stepping on my buttons (i stomp them and press the arrow anyway) is when people (any age) put up something on the coin line and walk away. this is forgiveable if u do what me and my friends do (use id cards), but to put one coin in like a line of 10 and walk away is like asking to have ur turn taken away. then they come and doggy about it. ARGH
Trick Member
Trick Member

86. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I was at my local arcade, it was a relatively busy day (Thursday, at around 4:00pm). I'd been playing all day (with breaks, of course) because the best time to play is when all the young 'uns are at school. E13.gif

So I was doing something on Light, it wasn't too impressive but the seven or so 13-year-old-or-thereabouts kiddies who came up behind me thought I was some kind of religious DDR incarnation. (And the worst thing with 13-year-old kids is that because they're either just getting into high school, or they're in their second year, alot of them think that they're big macho high school jocks.*)

They took turns (yes, TURNS) to shadow me, each of them hopping up on the 2p pad to flail for a second or two, then they got off and let someone else up. I finished my game and asked them if they were waiting to go on, they said no, so for my next game I did Oni mode...it seemed that the better I played, the more hyperactive they became. They were leaning over the bar on the 1p side, a few of the guys were pushing me around and calling me 'fat' (I'm overweight, but definitely not 'fat'.), at one time there was about three of them on the 2p pad, and eventually the blonde one decided to chase her friend between me and the machine.

Yes. Between me and the machine.

So, in a stunning display of accuracy, and without missing a single arrow, I spun around (and I kind of feel guilty for this), hit the blonde girl in the face with my hand and pushed her away from the screen. Her other friend turned around in time to collide with my knee, and she went flying into a nearby Time Crisis console.

There was silence for a second while the song changed, then when I turned around next the kids were gone.

* - Not all of them are evil. There are alot of 12/13 year olds on this board who are very nice, but in my experience, kids that age are hell-raisers.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Paper_Joe returns
Trick Member
Trick Member

87. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: .. Reply with quote

ziggy4719 wrote:
i myself am 12 (u all thought i was older right) but im no @$$ hole. i dont whine i understande how coin line works! all that stuff but even as a kid i hate kids laugh.gif here are my experience...s

1) I HATE the kids who think ddr is easy eacuse its like danceing and here all like i can dance and then they put a dollar in and are all returin to center stomp and the funny ones who freeze there..oh there were there two girls uhh 10/9 and it was there first time and they did heavy versus (they liked green she said as she picked heavy laugh.gif ) so they platyed froze there looking after about 4 seconds they failed can u say bye bye $2?

2)boys who think there all cool in front of there g/f's and fail in a second ive seen this many times it just gets funnier and funnier..

BOTTOM LINE:little grils who think there all cute and people think its easy because it a dance game are wrong now go back home and do your crappy dancing somewhere else frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif ahhhhh laugh.gif ok im done E1.gif

well it's not really REAL dancing anyway.

Kids of any age especially 12-year-olds make me so mad I want to smack each and every one of thing and kick thier arsses so hard that they fly and fly so high that they go into space and when they reach space they go all the way to the moon and when they reach the moon are eaten by monsters where their arms and legs are chewed on by space mics and it drives the kids so crazy that they jump off the moon and die.

yay. biggrin.gif

Rara
Trick Member
Trick Member

88. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some little kids are really cute, but others are just plain hellions. On July 4th, I went to my old 4th Mix Plus to play, and this group of about... seven little kids were literally hanging off the machine. Behind me, beside me, between the pad and the machine, everywhere. I had to play some of my easier songs because the little brats were being so obnoxious. ¬¬

On the MAX2 I now frequent, I've also had some problems with kids. When my good friend and I were hanging around, waiting for some guy to finish up his round, my friend put up his coin and stood back by me again. When the guy finished his round, we were about to step up, but this little four year old girl runs up on the machine, with her parents trailing not far behind. We turn around to tell them that we have a placeholder up there, and the mother tells us in this incredibly snobby voice, "It's MY daughter's turn FIRST."

...That family was a disgrace to every DDR machine in the world. The little girl repeated the same song twice (she only passed via autofail being off), and she had no beat and wasn't even heavy enough for the sensors to register her stepping on them! o_O Needless to say, my friend and I showed off to the prissy parents by playing Holic on Heavy for our first song. :D;;
All Killer No Filler
Trick Member
Trick Member

89. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well a couple days ago when i was playing ddr some kids threw some food at me and tripped my friend so yea
Trick Member
Trick Member

90. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

but im not ur average 12 old ddr player i AA'ed a song on heavy i got an AAA also but not on heavy. also ive seen other kids my ages who r hell-demons i mean they have no repescti saw this guy he was so good and i go (when hes done) hey man that was good can i play versus with you? than thees other kids go what are you talking about he sucked and i go you no what u go crawl into your @$$ were you came from |3!C|-|tes and they walked away! E1.gif so dontsay that im a 12 year old annoying kid (u dont no me E4.gif i forogt were thats from) so yeah......
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

91. PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n2oxide wrote:
Well...

once at CHQ willowbrook there were some real n00bs girls there. about 4 years under my age. they're finishing on beginner Cartoon Heroes when i put my token on the machine. Girl A on pad 1 picks it up while im playing silent scope. ok wow, where did my token go? i put another one there, thinking well i have a ton of tokens left. girl A picks it up and says "Wow another tip!" I explain the reason that people put it there, and they go "finders keepers!" and run around like some fools in a circus. i got the manager out there and got them banned for taking my tokens and not giving them back.

best part is, they left a cup of tokens by the ddr machine E9.gif that they forgot about on their way out, with about $5 left in there.

Translation:

Some girls stole from me so I got them banned. Then I stole from them, which is OK.
Mysterio
Trick Member
Trick Member

92. PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syxx, you make it sound so bad...those girls had it coming...I guess.

Anyway, the only problem I have with kids is one here that won't be quiet! He'll talk to you the whole time you are playing; even after I tell him to be quiet, he'll stop talking for a minute or two, and then resume. I know he dosen't mean to be a nusance, but he does get aggrivating. devil.gif

Otherwise, it's cool 'round here.

...but Rhythm and Police is no longer crazy!
View users profile Send private message
n2oxide
Trick Member
Trick Member

93. PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syxx wrote:
n2oxide wrote:
Well...

Translation:

Some girls stole from me so I got them banned. Then I stole from them, which is OK.

E4.gif What can i say? they started it E4.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

94. PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little kids... where should I start? I got so much stuff to talk about so I'll take this one at a time.

1. I absolutely hate it when tiny kids (3-4 years) start running up to the DDR machine and stepping on the panel while I'm playing. I really don't blame the kids at this age, after all they don't really know what they're doing. I blame the parents. What if I was frick axe murderer or a kidnapper? I could snatch up their children in a split-second, and be gone with them. Then when the parents decide to get their little bastards, they think it's cute as hell. (On more than one occasion I have went to the parents of the children and asked for a refund of my money or I'll report them to the manager of where ever I am. Sad, maybe, but it's MY money, not theirs.)

2. Another thing I hate is when little kids play skeeball, and the machine happens to be next to the DDR machine. Over at Pizza Factory, where I used to go, little kids would play skeeball all the time- and I use the term "play" lightly. Every five seconds, there would be some little poopy "accidently" throwing a ball. I'd be picking a song, and all of a sudden KAPOW! Then the parents of the kid would come up and, smiling, ask me for the ball back. I took it, and threw it down the arcade- on one occaision, because it hit me, and the parent didn't ask if I was ok. Then while they got the ball, I had my little bro (15) go and get them kicked out. (And had a similar talk about negligence.), while I finished my game of DDR. (After all, I'm not gonna go and STOP, now will I?)

3. I hate it when little kids run behind the back of the DDR machines. I was playing once, and the little kids were running behind it, and all of a sudden the power went off. I didn't do anything though, cause when the little poopy pulled the plug, he tripped and hit his head, all bleeding and stuff. Maybe that will teach the parents to watch the damn kid.

Because of all this, here's is a list of stuff you can do to rid the world of dumb kids (and parents:

1. When little kids come up on the machine, STOMP. HARD. If the parents give you crap, say they're trying to pick a fight with you and get 'em kicked out.

2. If a little kid innterupts your game in any way that would cause you to stop having fun or fail, go to their parents, and ask them for a refund. If not, report 'em!

3. If you have your placeholder up and someone takes your turn, (this may only work on less experienced players, and on 3rd and up machines), put the difficuly on Heavy behind them, and teach 'em a lesson. (And if you want to be mean, you can use this to stop ANYONE who feels like playing the same song over three times (5x or 3x songs).

Hopefully, you'll be able to rid your arcade of dumbass parents, thanks to these kick-buttocks pointers. E15.gif
Huaka
Basic Member
Basic Member

95. PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: o.O Reply with quote

Wow the horror stories you guys have to tell. Personally, I've never had that problem. Well probably it's because I totally suck. Anyway, all of the DDR players at the arcade afterschool where I go to are all people I know and we are all relative friends so nothing really bad happens to us. It's only that annoying Beatmania machine in the back of the DDR machine that is so damn loud.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
saber21
Basic Member
Basic Member

96. PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhh man the worstecrap tha happened to me was when i was playin and this kid came up onto the pad nex to me an started makin fun of ddr i was gonna beat the poopy outa him devil.gif
Oliveman
Trick Member
Trick Member

97. PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, think about it, DDR is at both regular and redemption arcades to attract ppl
besides i think its kinda flatering for a kid to shadow me.
Even though i had to step on this kid's foot to complete the last steps of legend of max light...... disturb.gif
-:-Tony-:-
Basic Member
Basic Member

98. PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Children and their ticket's Reply with quote

Okay I was at my local bowling alley, and I was doing Era on Heavy when some kid see's these ticket's on another game next to me. And he goes "hey mister hey mister hey mister are these your ticket's" and finally i got fed up and failed the song disgust.gif but he was lucky because it was my last song but still i barely started, it just to show you how kid's can screw you up in DDR
DJ Tau
Trick Member
Trick Member

99. PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back at my home arcade now. Nowadays I play pretty much every weekend, then again so does this group of girls that seems to always be there. Not annoying although I wish they'd play something other than Afronova and Afronova Primeval every once in a while >_< ... well ok they sometimes do P.KCET and even CANDY* every now and again. Tried to get em to try D2R and they said it was 'shit'. Ah well. Least they try to do Standard every now and again.

They have their weird moments as well... eg

Me: *gets up and selects double*
Girl: *goes up to shadow or something, then sits crosslegged on the other pad*
Me: Um, I'm gonna do doubles
Girl: Yea, I know
Me: Well can you get off the pad please, I'm going to end up stepping on you if you don't
Girl: I don't mind!
Me: ... (eventually) GET OFF THE F$%^ING PAD!!!

Don't mind shadowers usually but that doesn't quite work on Doubles
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: