Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Supernova & Extreme 2 Unlocking

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: DDR Supernova & Extreme 2 Unlocking Reply with quote

Do you have to play the master mode and the mission mode to unlock new songs? I was really, really, REALLY hoping I could just...i don't know, play the damn game to unlock more songs instead of play 5 missions in a row on beginner and AAA'ing all of them.

This is a ridiculous waste of time for anyone who isn't a complete and total n00b to the game. PLEASE tell me there's a way to unlock these songs that don't require me to play like a n00b.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After so many hours of game play all the rest of the songs you have not unlocked will instantly be available. This is true for Ex2-SN2.
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it happen all at once then? Because I've played hours of both these games in free play mode and I have never unlocked anything except for in the master / mission mode.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
chennymountain
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no they will unlock in the order of them unlocking in "story" mode
View users profile Send private message
Mystearica
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for Extreme 2 - I played the missions until I couldn't get any further... then I went into free gameplay and noticed that there were many more songs than what I bought at the shop.... BUT then I just kept playing in free mode and I didn't unlock NOTHING!!! Then I went back into missions mode (since I got better E10.gif) and played - failed 3 stages and passed 2 (the Freezer mission and some other heavy mode song)

Next thing you know... the shop had about 6 new songs (or so) and apparently those 5 missions that I tried unlocked the last remaining songs - doesn't make sense to me. But me happy!!! Now I just need enough points for the last Paranoia song - 57K holy!
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easy way to unlock everything is to get something to hold down the X button on a mission (that's what controllers with turbo do right?) and it will keep failing the mission. Leave it overnight and when you come back in the morning everything should be unlocked. Failing missions unlocks things, ironic isn't it laugh.gif .
View users profile Send private message Send email
chennymountain
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxx freak wrote:
The easy way to unlock everything is to get something to hold down the X button on a mission (that's what controllers with turbo do right?) and it will keep failing the mission. Leave it overnight and when you come back in the morning everything should be unlocked. Failing missions unlocks things, ironic isn't it laugh.gif .

first of all u hold down the start button not x and from my experiences it only works on SN2 and you only get modifiers for failing songs.
crunchewy
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing to spend a little money (I think it's $20, but don't quote me) what worked for me was Codebreaker. They have cheats for all the US DDR games, including SN2 (though I had to download an update to get SN2 - it worked great). One of the "cheats" is to unlock everything. Now, having said that, I found that in some games this didn't really unlock absolutely everything, but nearly so. I can't remember what game it was, but I think it was SN1, and what it didn't unlock were the boss songs, or what I think are called the boss songs. To get those you had to AA a Heavy song as your last song of a set, thus getting the "Extra Stage". The first time that just unlocked the song it selected for me. I did it once or twice more and then it unlocked all of them. Or something like that.

As an added bonus, with Codebreaker you can disable X,Triangle,Square,Circle during songs in DDR Extreme, which is otherwise impossible in that version of DDR. However the setting doesn't stick. You have to start Extreme via Codebreaker each time to get this to work. Still, that's better than nothing.
Neptoon
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chennymountain wrote:
maxx freak wrote:

first of all u hold down the start button not x and from my experiences it only works on SN2 and you only get modifiers for failing songs.

I am sorta new to this part of DDR. I used to just play for the heck of it. WHat kind of modifiers can you get?
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lame ones only usable in the Hyper Master Mode.
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I underthought that when I rebought my DDR collection and PS2.
I'm almost thinking about getting a codebreaker and an all unlocked gamesave. it may even work for that damn button glitch for EX.1.
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not worth buying when anything after DDR EXTREME US have the shortest unlock times in the series so far...on the PS2.
Basic Member
Basic Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys and gals kinda new to this forum. I have been trying to figure out the abbreviations/names you guys are using for everything. I am wondering how to unlock new songs. So far all I have played missions, and gotten some songs. But looking at the song list, I know I am still missing a fair bit.

So my question is this is it possible to unlock songs just by simply playing in FREE PLAY MODE? I remember in some of the older games it was built in as a backup unlock. Does this still hold true for Extreme2, SuperNova, SuperNova2?

Thanks for the help,

Neptoon
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but it takes a long while.

Try setting your PS2's internal clock ahead too.
Basic Member
Basic Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reenee do you mean that i should set the time ahead before i play?
chennymountain
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means once you have save data on your memory card, bring up the time and play again.

ddrenthusiast
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Supernova2 on regular game play. It keeps on unlocking songs. About 4 songs when playing one hour. It's slowing down somewhat by now, but I must be close to unlocking all of them.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: