Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Home DDR Mats, what's your pick? REVIEW!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nasu_hime
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Home DDR Mats, what's your pick? REVIEW! Reply with quote

I'm about to buy a mat online...... I've read some reviews but i just wanted to know from other peoples experiences.....what's your pick?

Is the Konami one really durable? can you use shoes? do the sensors move after a few months or just break? does it slide? i was pretty much under the impression the Konami soft mats are better than most brands but are they?

I dont have the money for a hard one at the moment and even so.......ive read som really bad reveiews on most of the cheaper ones....

and yeah, theres one with an inch of foam and one without, what do people recomend?

Ive had non konami ones that broke super fast (some crap $10 brand)

and ive also had non konami ones (borrowed from a friend) that lasted years! but she had a konami one that lasted the same amount of time too so yeah.......

i guess im just confused and wanna hear oppinions before i spend all my moneys!

well tell me people, thanks and review your home stuffs for me!
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kylethetromboner
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off, i dont think this should be here, but ne how lemme help you out

konami's mat are durable, yeah...but u cannot use shoes...i've been using the same konami mat for a year now, and its still in fine order. They dont slide very much (only on boss songs or 10s or somethings like that) however, they are not the best soft mats

i bought the itg dance bundle, which comes with redoctane's soft pads. they're amazing (they're bad at mines, but if youre playing ddr, no worries) they have a super non stick bottom, nd if modify them (theres a guide in FAQ's section of this site) u can use shoes.

i would reccomend taht you visit

www.redoctane.com

check out their regular soft pads. but also consider buying their Ignition pads. these are the best foam pads on the market. they're a great value, and very durable and also hook up to ur PC

good luck w/ ur search, ne questions, feel free to PM/IM/email me
Resolute
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrong thread but just for giggles>

Cobalt flux. no question. i didnt even think about it, i just saw the letters "ma" and i was like, MAT! DDR MAT! FLUX! GET A FLUX!

...yeah
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylethetromboner wrote:
but also consider buying their Ignition pads. these are the best foam pads on the market. they're a great value, and very durable and also hook up to ur PC

Um, no. Ignition 3.0's break in a few days to a few weeks. RedOctane really screwed them up. Old Ignition 2.0s (not the newish ones0, on the other hand, were amazing. My old 2.0 lasted a year and a half (it died when I got ITG biggrin.gif). My newer 2.0 (by a year) lasted only a few weeks.

For the one song that I've played on a RedOctane non-ignition soft pad, it seemed fine. It didn't move around or anything.

If you're buying a metal pad, buy a BlueShark, and hope its a good one. I've heard a lot of good stories about it, and a few horror stories about it. Cobalt Fluxes, in my opinion, are absolutely terrible. They're expensive, not sensitive (no matter what the website says), and not in the least bit arcade like (which is what I am going for). Also, the latest batches haven't been as durable as they used to be.

Also, this goes in the bemani controller section.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Resolute
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesharks are relativly new, so i dont know much about em (like to have one though). if your on a budget, a ninja hardpad is okay. Not great, but not bad.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mexistache wrote:
Cobalt flux. no question. i didnt even think about it, i just saw the letters "ma" and i was like, MAT! DDR MAT! FLUX! GET A FLUX!
Do you have a Cobalt Flux? Because I have one and I hate it.
Without the mod kit it feels nothing like the arcade, and with it on the arrows are way too repressed compared to an ITG 2 dedicab so it ends up not feeling like an arcade pad anyway.
Also, I don't know if it's that Cobalt Flux has been slacking off when building their pads, but my down arrow now isn't even working during menus, and I get pad misses even when I step in the center of the panel on really easy songs which sucks because I just got two new DDR games.
Maybe the old ones were better, I don't know, but the ones people ordered in the last couple of months or so ended up sucking.

kylethetromboner wrote:
i bought the itg dance bundle, which comes with redoctane's soft pads. they're amazing (they're bad at mines, but if youre playing ddr, no worries) they have a super non stick bottom, nd if modify them (theres a guide in FAQ's section of this site) u can use shoes.
You can't play on a softpad with shoes, modded or not. They aren't built for that.

Kalek wrote:
If you're buying a metal pad, buy a BlueShark, and hope its a good one.
I agree. The Cobalt Flux and the Blueshark's are the only metal pads nowadays that are considered good, and Bluesharks right now seem better.

Kalek wrote:
I've heard a lot of good stories about it, and a few horror stories about it.
Where did you see bad reviews about the Blueshark? I've yet to see one negative thing about it except for one person, but Mymybox quickly replaced that pad with a non-defective model.

Kalek wrote:
...not sensitive (no matter what the website says)

Even though they may give you pad misses, they're still pretty sensitive. After my panels were debowed and broken in, I can register a panel with two fingers without hurting myself. E10.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalek wrote:
kylethetromboner wrote:
but also consider buying their Ignition pads. these are the best foam pads on the market. they're a great value, and very durable and also hook up to ur PC

Um, no. Ignition 3.0's break in a few days to a few weeks, and sometimes (especially for videoCWK) they come broken.

Fixed
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

videoCWK 2ndMIX wrote:
Kalek wrote:
kylethetromboner wrote:

Um, no. Ignition 3.0's break in a few days to a few weeks, and sometimes (especially for videoCWK and j-pop_for_life) they come broken.

Fixed

were on the same boat.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-POP_FOR_LIFE wrote:
videoCWK 2ndMIX wrote:
Kalek wrote:
Um, no. Ignition 3.0's break in a few days to a few weeks, and sometimes (especially for videoCWK and j-pop_for_life) they come broken. But for F-haru, they come in perfectly working condition, with no break-in time needed, and last many months without random pad misses even with ripped panels.

Fixed

Uber-fixed. Give RO a chance E1.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: