Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

SM->TV help needed and beatmania sim needed

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AceJay
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: SM->TV help needed and beatmania sim needed Reply with quote

1: I have a video card with Svideo out, what do I need to do to hook up my TV for SM, and what does the TV need to have? Also, how do I make audio connections?

2: Anyone know of a beatmania sim that uses .sm files and AutoGens bm patterns?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you're TV (or VCR) has an S-video input, just need an S-video cable! If not, you'll need to get an S-video to RCA video converter. It's for the yellow cord on the A/V cables. If you want to hook up your TV for audio, you'll need an RCA to 1/8" jack converter. Going back to the A/V cables, those are the red and white ones. If your TV only has a coaxial input, you'd then need an RF modulator. All this equipment isn't too expensive if you know where to look where you live. Obviously if you want audio not through the TV, then hook up some speakers. E10.gif

I don't know of a Beatmania sim, though. Sorry.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Joshua B
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: SM->TV help needed and beatmania sim needed Reply with quote

AceJay ▶◀ wrote:
1: I have a video card with Svideo out, what do I need to do to hook up my TV for SM, and what does the TV need to have? Also, how do I make audio connections?

I did this over the weekend. I have an ATI graphics card with TV out. I connected an S video cable from my card to the TV. At first it didn't work. The TV picture was unstable, scrolling up. I popped the ATI CD into my CD-ROM drive and installed the drivers. After that, as soon as the computer loaded XP, the display was fine on my TV. The TV display is still unstable while the computer powers up but as soon as the XP login screen appears, the TV out drivers take over and the display is good. Now my dedicated Stepmania computer is only connected to my TV (no computer monitor).

For audio, you'll probably want to use better speakers than your TV speakers. I hooked up some good computer speakers (including a powered subwoofer) to my soundcard.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AceJay
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm gonna go get some cables from Best Buy.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: