Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How do I get rid of the extra mods in Stepmania?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canaduh
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: How do I get rid of the extra mods in Stepmania? Reply with quote

I want the mods to be that of an arcade DDR EXTREME Machine. I dont have enough experience with coding so I cant manipulate them myself and I am trying to make the closest thing to an Arcade Extreme mix that I can.

Last edited by Canaduh on Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
XMaxX
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Mods?
The mods are already there.

Did you mean the Timing Windows? E19.gif

Groovestats l ITG Edits l My Simfiles l PUI Ranking
Dancing games are for fags.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Canaduh
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I meant to get rid of the extra speeds, the extra scroll types, the extra effects, and etc. I want to have the same mods that an Arcade mix has. I guess I didnt word my first request wrong.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go under "More Downloads" on stepmania.com and click on "Themes." Look for "Dark Tetsuya's EXTREME VS5" (or something like that). It will link you to a download page where you can download the theme. This not only gives you the AC mods only, but it also makes Stepmania run like an EXTREME AC Cabinet.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... When I downloaded and installed that, it still had the extra mods. Atleast the EXTREME graphics look better than my old one...
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in your themes folder for Extreme if you downloaded the right one, there's a program called "ToggleSmArcade.bat". Try running this.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to edit the metrics file manually. First off I would suggest copying the theme and making a new one as so you don't lose both things. Then you'll want to edit the metrics.ini file. Go down towards the end where all the mod possibilities are listed, and take out the lines that contain the mods you don't want. Look around for it; I know there's a place for the speed mods, but I'm not 100% sure about the other mods.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Razor LOL
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirge wrote:
Hmm... When I downloaded and installed that, it still had the extra mods. Atleast the EXTREME graphics look better than my old one...

That's wierd, everything automatically adjusted for me.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: