Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Stepmania Random Movies

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ropeadope
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Stepmania Random Movies Reply with quote

I put a bunch of movies in my stepmania 'RandomMovies' folder, but stepmania doesn't play them the way i would like. It plays each video for about 5-10 seconds then switches to a different video, i just want it to select a random movie file in the folder, and have it only play that single movie, and not keep selecting different ones every 5-10 seconds. Anyway i could config that? Thanks.
View users profile Send private message
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each Movie is only about 3-10 seconds. It's not like a 1:30 video.
View users profile Send private message Send email
ropeadope
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er...maybe your movies are like that, but i want a single video to be played for the full length of the song everytime, and for it not to keep switching. I don't know if i can explain it better. Each of the movie files i have are around 20mb and contain many different 3d animations.
CoasterKrazy
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then go into the step editor, press the "B" key for background changes, and insert your background where you want it to start. Voilà, instant video with no 10-15 second peeks.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or isn't that what visualizations are for...? or is it background movies..? I forget but you should be able to do that with one of the other options in background option...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ULTRAZORD
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ropeadope wrote:
Er...maybe your movies are like that, but i want a single video to be played for the full length of the song everytime, and for it not to keep switching. I don't know if i can explain it better. Each of the movie files i have are around 20mb and contain many different 3d animations.

Don't be an buttocks. Most movies are only a few seconds long because most BG animations are just a bunch of clips fused into one movie.

Also, it's easier to download individual files then simply scripting them to run.

And since you do have that 20mb movie, you can simply script it yourself into the file.

"Nothing can stand up to Ultrazord"
ropeadope
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't being "an buttocks", not sure why you thought that.

Anyways, i'll try the step editor thing i guess.

I wouldn't mind if it played random movies at random times (like say it would start playing one movie when it was 40 seconds into it, then switch to another movie at a different time, like at 60 seconds into it), but right now when it plays random movies it always starts each movie from the beginning, so there's not much variation. I would love it if it could play random movies showing different parts of the movie. Any idea what i'm talking about? Again, it's kinda hard to explain =p - I think i'll be able to figure something out though.
ULTRAZORD
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon, the forums wouldn't allow the original word, and so changed it.

The original content looked much like this: "Don't be an @ $ $". I don't want to elaborate and explain, because, well, it's too bothersome and not worth it..

If you have one giant movie file that corresponds to a certain song, then you can simply have it play for that song.

As for playing certain parts of it, probably not. You're gonna have to chop it up.

ropeadope wrote:
I wasn't being "an buttocks", not sure why you thought that.

Anyways, i'll try the step editor thing i guess.

I wouldn't mind if it played random movies at random times (like say it would start playing one movie when it was 40 seconds into it, then switch to another movie at a different time, like at 60 seconds into it), but right now when it plays random movies it always starts each movie from the beginning, so there's not much variation. I would love it if it could play random movies showing different parts of the movie. Any idea what i'm talking about? Again, it's kinda hard to explain =p - I think i'll be able to figure something out though.

"Nothing can stand up to Ultrazord"
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: