Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

addicted to 1.5/ 2.0

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KILLJOY
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: addicted to 1.5/ 2.0 Reply with quote

was i the only one who went through a long period of only being able to play songs at higher speeds shortly after getting into heavy? took me forever to get back to normal.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it makes it alot easyer to use speed mods on most songs. I use them alot.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can play without mods, but it seems to kill my PA...I get impatient and step too soon.
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it when people call speed mods cheating. It isn't cheating if it's programmed into the game, now is it? But, yeah, I use 1.5 and solo all the time. I find it hard to play on a machine where I can't use those!
View users profile Send private message
mavrik_055
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like to use them on fast songs that are already easy for me (Drop Out, Cant Stop Falling in Love (Speed Mix), ect.) for a little bit of a challenge, or songs that are too dense (NOT Bag... So Deep or Xenon). I havent used them much recently, but i did go through a spell of using them very often. I see nothing wrong with using them.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i use 2x, solo. I cant do songs without it, i can do we will rock you on 1x but thats it biggrin.gif am i i n00b!
Xayro
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clear things up: Speed Mods are not cheating.
-------------------------

Using speed mods to make a song easier and then brag about doing good = cheating (in my own opinion).

Using speed mods to make a song harder and then brag about doing good on it = yay.. go you.

I use 1.5 alot.. but I usually like to keep it on 1x on slower songs (still working on bag *1x*)

Yeah.. its good to use them to help you learn the song and just to play around. If it makes the game more fun for you.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
DemonHybrid
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play any songs under 2x. I make a few exceptions:

bag
TLOM
Maxx Unlimited
PSM(O)
MAX300
Drop Out
PARANOiA ETERNAL

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Danl
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually slap a 1.5x on songs under about 250 bpm, especially if its an 8 or 9 footer. It improves my PA, and certainly makes songs easier to sight read. It also helps when you're trying to read really fast songs or on the extra stage.
But when it makes it too easy, I try to make sure I can still do the song without the mod. I still dont really consider beating bag x2 a real 10-footer accomplishment.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can go up to 3X on most songs. Since I play Stepmania/ SMO on an almost addicted level, I'm used to reading mindnumbingly-fast speeds like C600, so 450 is almost like bag 1x for me at times. E1.gif I use mods as a personal preference, its not cheating or whatever. Sure, its easier to read, but then again, the arrows are onscreen for less time, which cancels the benefit (especially at higher speeds).
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Setekhx
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything 175 or lower I slap a 4x mod/Solo on it. Yes thats right 4x tongue.gif if the machine doesnt have 4x on it, I do 3x, I always aim for the arrows to scroll at about 600bpm~~ so things 175-250 is usually a 3x for me that way when I play 10 footers with a 1.5x mod, 450 = slow as hell laugh.gif

I played for the first 4 months of my DDR life with 1x mod and was beating 9 footers with it. I havent lost that skill, but I cant deny that I do play significantly better (and much calmer it seems.) when the arrows are flying across the screen faster and further apart.
ts
Basic Member
Basic Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My way of doing speed mods is a bit odd... I like to play So Deep on 1.5x Boost Flat a lot for no reason (I can read it just fine normally), but for all other DDR songs it's 1x. (I still haven't played bag--that would get 4x, though.) On ITG I speed-mod virtually everything to varying degrees (1.5x for most, 3x for Anubis, maybe 2x if I ever get around to Euphoria expert)... except when I decide to have a go at VerTex expert--otherwise I can't read the 612bpm end section.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
CoasterKrazy
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only used a speed mod on 2 songs, and thats Bag and Still in My Heart (Momo Mix). Bag is too hard for me on x1 right now, but the only reason I put em on SIMH(Momo Mix) is the slowdown part. x1.5 on SM seems to do the trick.

In my opinion, its kinda stupid to put on speed mods on songs that only use 1/8th (and the 1/4ths) notes in it. It's really easy for me, and I don't see why anyone would have trouble with that.
Staff Member
Staff Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gameplay topics should be posted at the gameplay forum

el LOCKEDO
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: