Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

StepMania Songs

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawnc
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: StepMania Songs Reply with quote

Could someone send me a list of every SM song there is? Im trying to get then all installed into it
View users profile Send private message
[TCO] Patrick
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats almost impossible to track down and find EVERY SINGLE SM/DWI song ever created. Not to mention some of these songs are keyboard only songs, pad only songs, etc. The list would be enormous, and would take more than one person to make it. Dont see a list ever happening.

videoCWK wrote:
ITG can go beyond level 10? Woah...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
eaglefan101
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is pretty much absolutely no end to all of the SM files out there. Just search around for ones you might like.

Yeah this is the end of my sig. You can stop reading it now.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
PARANOiA -Respect-
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok its about the same amout of didgits that there are in .pi
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have over 30GB of simfiles (suck on that, Shuey), tens of thousands of songs, but there are many more I haven't acquired yet & many places I haven't even bothered to download from yet. For example, I haven't yet signed up with Bemanistyle or downloaded anything from them, and they're probably the biggest site for non-official simfile downloads.

You also have to consider that DWI and SM are used all over the world by people who don't speak English, so many simfiles would be very difficult to acquire without being able to read dozens of different languages. I've managed to blunder around some Japanese and Spanish websites (even though I can read neither of them) long enough to download a few hundred or so songs that have probably not been seen by very many in the English-speaking world, but I know I've only just barely scratched the surface of what's available.

Also, in many cases, people will create simfiles & they won't be released or distributed widely. Maybe they'll be hosted on a personal website for a while then vanish.

So it's kind of pointless to try to get everything, especially since so much of "everything" is crap. Try paying attention to what simfiles & sets people are talking about most often, because anything that's good is likely to be talked about and eventually become well-known. Download what large numbers of other people seem to enjoy, and there's a good chance you'll enjoy it as well.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you have a larger than 1 Terrabyte harddrive and about a free year of your life.
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: