Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Other Physical Video Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mart
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bee shagged roy! wrote:
Sesshomaru wrote:
word to the wise, never ever play pump it up, it is a horrible rip off of ddr.

People who say PIU is a rip-off of DDR are only those idiotic DDR fanboys who can't grasp the concept of playing a dance game with anymore or less than 4 arrows.

PIU is a better freestyle game than DDR period.
PIU has more challenging songs than DDR period.

PIU isn't a rip-off. Its an improvement.

But then again, this IS an American board. I shouldn't expect anything less really ¬_¬

Why do I smell a flamewar coming? I mean, personal opinions turned into "facts" (notice the quotes), blatant racism, insults... all in this nice package of Hatorade! W00t!

And what does it have to do with physical arcade gaming discussions? We're supposed to discuss, not to bash. Although the first PIU-bashing comment was just as uncalled for as this...

DDR & ITG score names: MART, DAMO, KTHX
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
legend of zig~Rq$T_LCK
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burninate!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
onoessnaked
Staff Member
Staff Member

22. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids, calm down.

Pump is fun. DDR is fun. Can't we all just accept that and get on with our lives?

And yeah. There are other physical games out there. Discuss those and stay away from the tired, cliched "PIU is a rip off of DDR" "No, DDR is a ripoff of PIU" argument

:/

Well, it explains the disappearance
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D.D.aRRR.Pirate
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF does this have to do with other games. People have said PIU... now say more or don't say anything at all... oh ya, for the people that said they've never heard of PIU home versoin, look at the ddrfreak store... it's right there...
Warning points: 2

Worst. Start. Ever.

Last edited by D.D.aRRR.Pirate on Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bee shagged roy! wrote:
But then again, this IS an American board. I shouldn't expect anything less really ¬_¬

I know... why can't Americans be perfect like every god damn person in the UK. =P =P
Misaki's Midnite Blaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna regret saying this because I don't have any authority here on the board but it's gotta be said

STOP WITH THE FREAKIN PIU AND DDR BASHING AND FLAMING!!!!!!

Both games are good in it's own way and anyways if you all can't handle seeing both games get bashed then stay out of the thread then this thread is about "OTHER" Physical Games not Which "DANCING" game is better. Alright now people? Can we get back on topic here? Thank You

I highly recommend Mocap Boxing indefinately...I enjoy the challenge it offers and it works get you pumped up and tired out as if you really were boxing happy.gif only downfall is the timing of when you have to punch but hey no game is that perfect "YET" ^_~

Another game that's highly anticipated and does a extremely good job at getting you worked up would definately be Konami's Police 911 series (Police 24/7 in Europe) All the bullet dodgeing and moving side by side to get that perfect aim and man it's really awsome. ^^

But definately MoCap Boxing is the best physical motion game out there happy.gif

THANK YOU KONAMI!!!!!

Osaka wants some love tooooooo
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
trinsdad
Basic Member
Basic Member

26. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang...what a controversial poster I have turned out to be.... erm.gif
View users profile Send private message
Misaki's Midnite Blaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess nobody told you about the Flame War between the Pump It Up and DDR die hard fans trinsdad =\ somebody shoulda gave ya a warning in your intro thread but guess not...sorry if your thread got messed up E2.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Romantix
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIU, is fun, but DDR is better. The only competitors(s) (game-wise) that I see are DanceManiaX and Percussion Freaks. I could play those all day long...anyways, yeah... drool.gif
Auggy
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn yall our ignorant....i have played DDR for 2 years, and Pump, well, just a couple months, but i wasnt automaticly turned off from Pump. Pump may not be popular in the USA, thats a given. In America DDR owns the dance simulator scene hands down, but take a look at the rest of the world, ESPECIALLY in South America. Pump It Up is all the rage down there and in Europe too. Hell, i doubt you will find as many DDR machines in South America/Europe as there are Pump machines. Its just like Football and Soccer. On the National Level, theres DDR, but on the Global Level, theres Pump it Up. The rest is a matter of opinion. I like DDR songs, i like Pump songs, its all good. DDR is more a game of how well you can pass the song. Pump is more a game of if you can pass the song. Next time you people go about claiming stuff, dont be ignorant. Check out the facts. Straight forward DDR is bounds more popular than Pump in the States, but worldwide, i see that Pump wins the popularity contest.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Otla
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll stop the Whole PIU Argument right here.

Drum Mania is definately great arm exercise, But you'll need a Jap Ps2, or go to an arcade that has one.
Mocap Boxing is also another one...It's like Boxing that doesn't hurt
Actually any game can be a Exercise game with a PS2 dance mat...Anyone ever try FF9 with a Redoctane Pad?
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: DDRagoon! Reply with quote

I play Legends of Dragoon with my mats.
Although, I like to call it Legends of DDRagoon when I play it that way. riiight.gif
The timed hitting in that game, for me, actually requires it. It really does give you a workout in games that need reactions. Turn-based RPG's are, for the most part, gone, though. Most games, however, can't be played with my mats. There are only 4 buttons, directions, Start, and select, after all. The lack of shoulder buttons makes for a definite loss of gameability. Though, the real reason that I only play Dragoon with my mats is because, aside from my DDR USA and DDR Konamix, it's my only PS game. E4.gif E4.gif E4.gif Naturally, I bought my PS solely for DDR. Soon, I'll acquire a PS2 and broaden my horizons, though. biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: DDRagoon! Reply with quote

GR wrote:
I play Legends of Dragoon with my mats.
Although, I like to call it Legends of DDRagoon when I play it that way. riiight.gif
The timed hitting in that game, for me, actually requires it. It really does give you a workout in games that need reactions. Turn-based RPG's are, for the most part, gone, though. Most games, however, can't be played with my mats. There are only 4 buttons, directions, Start, and select, after all. The lack of shoulder buttons makes for a definite loss of gameability. Though, the real reason that I only play Dragoon with my mats is because, aside from my DDR USA and DDR Konamix, it's my only PS game. E4.gif E4.gif E4.gif Naturally, I bought my PS solely for DDR. Soon, I'll acquire a PS2 and broaden my horizons, though. biggrin.gif

Your joking right? Last time I saw someone play a regular game with the pads was back when I saw my friend play Marvel vs Capcom and did horrible E4.gif

D.D.aRRR.Pirate
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even know you could... I tried playing Xenosaga with my pad and it didn't work. Oh well...
Warning points: 2

Worst. Start. Ever.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
GR
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Tb-rbg Reply with quote

No, as long as the game isn't fast moving up until the point where you need the reaction-timing, it's a great alternative to having your butt fall asleep in a chair. I'm about half way through the game now. It's 4-Discs long...... drool.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you ever tried playin ddr with your finger........yea it can really exersize those fingures......yea you can lose lots of wait disturb.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
-=+Dikamai+=-
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one, I dunno the name of it, but the girl sure does look like she is getting a work out:

My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R, my bologna has a second name it's M-A-Y-E-R.... OHHHHHHH I love to eat it everyday and if you ask me why I saaayyyyyy, "Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!"

First Song A'd: Sweet Sweet Love Magic-Light, AA'd: Colors-Light, AAA'd: None frown.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trinsdad
Basic Member
Basic Member

37. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dikamai wrote:
Here is one, I dunno the name of it, but the girl sure does look like she is getting a work out:

DgnaaaaAAAAAaa!!!!!!

What the hell did you do THAT for????? I don't deserve that...MY EYES...Gnaaarghhhmmsspht....!
tempest6
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Other Physical Video Games?... Reply with quote

Do you remember thos old school games that really make you work a sweat like that BMX bicycle game or even Prop Cycle? Or how about that rafting game that works out your arms? Or that horse-racing game that makes you really rock that horse (way before Derby Owners Club came into the picture)? Is that a trip or what? Please reply, over! Thanks!

tempest6
View users profile Send private message Send email
nick.
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those home virtual reality baseball and snowboard games look cool, too bad my room isnt big enough to swing a toy batt.

BMX arcade is really tiring, great work out
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: