Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The official DWI judge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoreyBlaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok I've played Dark Sam's version of Zero-One and I must say that his steps are a lot more fun than Phrek's. They're a lot easier also. But here's where the realism factors in. Xenon was in Extreme, if you're gonna put in an un named copy (like DXY! and Stoic, they're basically the same song), you gotta make it around the same difficulty or harder. Still tho, it would make it in there

Thanks for the comments, yeah, I took a lot of elements from xenon (hell, its my favorite song on Extreme), but I think that it feels very different to xenon, play them on a pad before go saying that is identical or a copy of xenon, they just share the "style", just like most Naoki songs. I made it to be as easy as I could for pad players, but still fun to play on a keyboard. Thanks for your criticsm (sp?!) again.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Crza
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Sittin in my chair jackin-err playin DWI. Yeah that's it...
21. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G00D-C00L wrote:
http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=file.php&id=2569
http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=file.php&id=3024
http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=file.php&id=3162

E1.gif

Ok, I DL'd your first one, Infinite by Parallel Brothers. And if you want me to play the other one's repost them. Basically, this song would be in GF & DM before it would ever hit DDR. DDR has Dance songs. This sounds too much like the Beatles and the Foo Fighters combined. Could you really see anyone dance to it? It would be like DDRing to country music, it just wouldn't look right. The steps were alright, except for almost every freeze arrow had problems (you can't jump in the middle of a freeze). Judgement: Wouldn't be in a DDR mix. But maybe you should make a GDA for it?
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is from GF/DM.

I put no jumps within freezes.

Can you tell me where to get the DWI fix program, as I am forced to use Stepmania 3.0 to edit my charts.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that really is from GF & DM? Wow, shows hos much knowledge i have outside of DDR. Ummm, the DWI fixer is at Kamek's DWI kastle. I don't know the exact URL, just type in Kamek's DWI. That should work. While you're there. DL some of his stuff, it's quite nice.
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh sorry.

just choose any one of them to "judge".

but not blame it on the boogie. please.
Roxor Staff
Roxor Staff

25. PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=profile.php&id=673

Take your best shot!

Matthew
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Crza
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh, MJEmirzian, I've seen you countelss times on Bemanisims. I think, i've played one of yours before, lemme check real quick...ahh yes put your faith in me sat night mix... a classic. When BMSims gets up and running ill hit up your link. BTW, does archowl post here? I want that guy to send one this way. E4.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
devilon
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT-R Sehphiroth wrote:
When BMSims gets up and running

LOL.

Go check their site out right now... Keith's busy trying to make new databases or something.

BTW... rumors are around of a 'sequel' to MaxX Ressurection... I've heard it, and it makes MaxX Ressurection sound like Let Them Move. Now if only I could find it again, I would post it...
3. When I'm proving them wrong in a hilarious belittling fashion.

I've been here longer than most of you.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crza
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sequel to Maxx Res.? I hope they don't kill it, whoever's makin it. What they should really make is a sequel to DDR History. I'd do it if I had the right transitioning tools from one song to the next. So Phrekwenci, when are you gonna bless me with some more of your DWI's? E4.gif
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

29. PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT-R Sehphiroth wrote:
So Phrekwenci, when are you gonna bless me with some more of your DWI's?

http://www.phrekwenci.com/pv/dwis.htm

Download the newest one (Flying Battery Zone). It's not made for a pad, it's made for fingers.

If you want something for the pad get "Start Rockin'".
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phrekwenci, did you make the Mind Parasite and LAB that I have? No wait, no you didn't. You should try Toxic Robot's LAB, and Udderdude's Mind Parasite. Those are sick. Oh yah I'm DLing Flybat right now.
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

31. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT-R Sehphiroth wrote:
Hey Phrekwenci, did you make the Mind Parasite and LAB that I have? No wait, no you didn't. You should try Toxic Robot's LAB, and Udderdude's Mind Parasite. Those are sick. Oh yah I'm DLing Flybat right now.

I have TR's LAB... very difficult. But mines off everywhere, so I don't mind. And I don't have much of Udderdude's new stuff. Mostly because I was fond of the old. Though I will get it since you recommended it, once it's available somewhere.
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
GT-R Sehphiroth wrote:

I have TR's LAB... very difficult. But mines off everywhere, so I don't mind. And I don't have much of Udderdude's new stuff. Mostly because I was fond of the old. Though I will get it since you recommended it, once it's available somewhere.

If you want Mind Parasite it''s on BMsims. It's a good song. Kinda reminds me of those "El Ritmo Tropical" or "Twilight Zone" type songs cuz the steps are similar. Is your copy good? Because I think it could use better steps. BTW for anyone who cares, neither would be in a real mix b/c of the difficulty. ALTHOUGH, Mind Parasite is coming out for Ultramix on XBOX, i'm pretty sure the steps'll be easier.
So where are the new files??? Oh yah, Phrekwenci, my DL of Flying Battery got cut off so I gotta reDL it.

Edit - Ok, I DL'd Flying Battery Zone finally (Man ur files are long). And halfway through I remembered that you said this is to be done on keyboard and not on pad. Threrefore, it doesn't fit into this thread. So let's stick to the pad doable songs as you can't bring a keyboard to a DDR Machine. Don't get me wrong, I love Zero-One and Flying Battery Zone, it's just that they should be put in the "Get your DWI's here" thread (or better yet PM'd to me riiight.gif ). But I haven't played Start Rockin yet...Metalman looks to appetizing (MegaMan 2 for life!)
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

33. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: The official DWI judge Reply with quote

GT-R Sephiroth wrote:
Basically this thread is for anyone who has made a custom DWI that they think is so good that it should be in a real DDR game. Basically here are the rules:

1) Only submit a request for one song at a time. After your song is judged, you can request another one.

2) Some of your songs may not be judged at all. As of right now it's only me judging them. And I don't have all day to be doing this. So sorry if I miss a couple.

3) Notice the forum is called the official DWI judge. Note that this means that any kind of criticism can be given, whether it be constructive or destructive. So if you're giving me one, make sure it's good or I will shout to the heavens, "This sucks AZZ!!!" if I find it necessary. Be aware of this while posting.

4) Plz just post links to pages with your song on them. Don't post anything else.

5) If you have an argument about one of mine or another judge's decision, keep it in your head. No one needs to hear about how you think your's should be in DDR, and frankly it wastes bandwidth.

6) Do not PM me with songs I should review or any arguments about songs. I just don't care. If I get bogged up with mail about songs I should get, I'll take locking this up into consideration.

7) If you can abide by the rules, I'm sure you'll have a good time. Enjoy!

I'm still looking for more people for a panel. Right now I only need 2 more. If you wanna do it, PM me. But be aware that you will need to spend a significant time on here so that this stays up. And if anyone wants to put up any news on Tournamixes or whatever. PM me and I'll post it up here. Thx!

There is nothing in the rules saying what kind of DWI I can submit.

As for rule number 5, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You cannot deny people posting their opinions.
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey don't worry about it, it's no big deal...all I'm saying is keep in mind that these are supposed to be songs doable for a real DDR machine, that's all. And as for rule #5, I just wanted to put that there to prevent a flame war. (I have 5 pts., i dont need any more)
Good-Cool, I fixed the freezes with Infinite, but I think you should tweak with the steps as I messed em up a little at some parts. PM me if you want me to send them to you.
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where's the new stuff?
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you download my edit for "The Strong Jaeger" before BemaniSims... died (I uploaded it as PlatinumHawke)? If so, have a look at that.
Crza
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takano[ProjectH] wrote:
Did you download my edit for "The Strong Jaeger" before BemaniSims... died (I uploaded it as PlatinumHawke)? If so, have a look at that.

Nope dont have it...
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilon wrote:
BTW... rumors are around of a 'sequel' to MaxX Ressurection... I've heard it, and it makes MaxX Ressurection sound like Let Them Move. Now if only I could find it again, I would post it...

Oh please find the link! I hope it's as good or better as the original. I hope the steps are better though (I didn't care much for the one's on the original steps, too much jumping and freeze arrows=not cool)
Crza
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shalashaska wrote:
devilon wrote:

Oh please find the link! I hope it's as good or better as the original. I hope the steps are better though (I didn't care much for the one's on the original steps, too much jumping and freeze arrows=not cool)

Ok, I've found where the "sequel" to MaxX Ressurection is. It's called "NeoMax" by DM Ashura who used to be called DJ Demon, the author of MaxX Ressurection. If you want to play it (*sighs at drawback*) you're gonna have to go to ddrei.com and download the second bracket of tournamix songs. I don't know if it's worth the download for 56k, but for DSL it's worth the 5 mins. The song comes with 24 others and only about 4 of them are good...TM4 is sure lookin horrible...I don't even wanna try and judge THOSE songs... goog.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: