Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

the worst song you have encountered (dwi/sm)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jotapeh
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Heat, OMG it's so bad, and the music is terrible.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Poochy
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B4U MaxX from Tournamix 3.

Spliced DDR songs are bad enough, but this was the worst.

What's with splicing DDR songs, anyways? What's next, Do You Remember The Ordinary World Legend of Kick the Bomb Higher Waka www.Let the Super Star No Mukou Trip 300 Survivor Nori Again Tonight (K.O.G G3 Mix)?

Don't make me mad, I know karate!
(Not to mention a bunch of other Japanese words.)
View users profile Send private message
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

22. PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poochy wrote:
What's with splicing DDR songs, anyways? What's next, Do You Remember The Legend of Kick the Bomb Higher Waka www.Let the Super Star No Mukou Trip 300 Survivor Again Tonight (K.O.G G3 Mix)?

You forgot "(for Extreme)".

I played some pretty bad ones today. There's a new one on bemanisims, Robot by t.A.T.u. If you want to try and play with the sound off (because it is totally offbeat), with steps of nonsense with a side of blue arrow. That is where it is.
Staff Member
Staff Member

23. PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that isn't synched right.

Argh. Nothing bugs me more than a DWI that's nowhere near properly synched. I hate synching, but I make damned well sure all mine are synched right before I release them

</mini-rant>

Well, it explains the disappearance
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CoreyBlaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst DWI I've ever played was "All the things she said" (t.A.T.u) from a DDR team site. Everything was bad, the BPM was 150 (and the song is around 90 BPM, lol) so basically it was a bunch of nonsense steps.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
eViL_bOrIs_Beethoven
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate purty much all songs where you are expected to hit more than two arrows at once (like holding 4 freezes at the same time). Although some of them end up being decent, or even good, with the freeze arrows turned off, I just don't get what the creators are thinking disgust.gif

www.gamehippo.com - Quite possibly the worlds largest source of freeware
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
PlatinumHawke
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Healing Era from TM3.... Here's the recipe for that wonderfun DWI.
Take two songs and toss them into a blender of audio quality down, bake in a oven of crappy steps for 10 minutes, and top with ugly photoshopping. Garnish with Stepmania bug to taste.

OH GOD THE MISERY!!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Archonwarp
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe laugh.gif ^funny post

Anyway... I too have played/made some really crappy DWIs in my day, but the hardest (not the worst) one ever-- it may actually be playable, but not with an actual pad, is Blueberry Stream by DJ taka. It's a ton of 16th notes on about 110 bpm... It's a very cool song though. I think you can get the full DWI @ http://www.ddrmaniax.net/. Try it, it's actualliy fun, but fairly hard.

--Scott Adams
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Do the Mario" I hate it.

It's so addicting.

I'll do it like 5 times in a row.
SomeRandomGuy
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the worst dwi's I have ever played (music-wise) was "1,2,3,4 Max 300" from TM3. It seemed like this guy just decided to slap together the 2 most incompatible songs he could think of, and just throw in some steps, and add a poopy robotic voice just for good measure. This dwi was in the light division but still...... .Another dwi that is also pretty bad is "Tear Open the Heavens" from (I think) TM2. It's not even a song, it's a quote from Castlevania repeated over and over with a dumb cheap beat in the background. It seemed that this guy used a 10 dollar throwaway casio keyboard to make the music. The steps were ok though, and the song was quite amusing.

I think it's safe to say that out of all the dwi's out there, a good chunk of those are pure crap. Thankfully, there that's not the case with all dwi's.

-Random
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

30. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SomeRandomGuy wrote:
I think it's safe to say that out of all the dwi's out there, a good chunk of those are pure crap. Thankfully, there that's not the case with all dwi's.

And the trick to find with ones aren't crap.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAX3000 is a pathetic shot at being humorous. Instead, the result is an establishment in the DWI creating community as a complete bimbo for the creator. Congratulations, supercletus, wherever you may be.

Healing Vision 300 is another terrible excuse for a DWI. A sped up Healing Vision (Angelic Mix), samples of MAX300 that interrupt and ruin the what could have been a decent pace of the song, coupled with offbeat steps, do not make for a pleasent file.

Chi.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Cookies
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abstract is terrible.

I hate it when people feel like the only way to make DWI's is to make them and throw impossible to hit patterns in there. It's just more annoying than anything else.
Abstract was good until the stupidness. disturb.gif

EDIT: How can I forget MaxX Doctor? That is the fucking worst DWI EVER.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
PlatinumHawke
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyzza wrote:
MAX3000 is a pathetic shot at being humorous. Instead, the result is an establishment in the DWI creating community as a complete bimbo for the creator. Congratulations, supercletus, wherever you may be.

Actually, all the supercletus DWIs are supposed to be like that. The creator made them to be horrible joke DWIs to see how many people would think they were "real" files (that an to take a crack at all the CoolEdit "dj"s out there).
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
tyzza the persocom
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takano[ProjectH] wrote:
Actually, all the supercletus DWIs are supposed to be like that. The creator made them to be horrible joke DWIs to see how many people would think they were "real" files (that an to take a crack at all the CoolEdit "dj"s out there).

Yes, I know this, but I'm pretty certain that I'm not the only one who feels the way I do on this subject. Every supercletus DWI gets fucking stupider and stupider, and frankly, there is no comedic value within any of them.

Chi.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MangaboyX
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead End Final Fury Mix or something, it's dead end sped up by like 300bpm and the pitch is up like 10 octaves, and the arrows aren't even in sync with the song. And the sad thing is it took two people to make it.
View users profile Send private message Send email
zaphod
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst DWIs ever, in my opionon
Honorable Mention: Drop Out Catastrophic speed remix. This is simply drop out, with the wav file doubled in speed, and the steps sped up to match. Just too fast to be played.

1)mINdblowin form tounamix1. about the only good thing yo ucna say about it is it is synched. The steps are insane, and make no sense whatsoever. challenge purely for it's own sake is nto fun.
2) Thousands. this song CANNOT BE PASSED. Not onyl tha,t it's not even synched. JUst a stream of quarter note arrrows in an awkward pattern and an increasing BPM that gets into the four digits! NO ONE can press arrows that fast... NO ONE.
barcodeplane
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Song that I downloaded off of Bemanisims. It was supposed to be of the DBZ opening theme, but it was akward and the steps made little sense.

Also, Star Ocean which I got off of Bemanisims (I thought it was some music from the game) but, it turned out to be a song from Sailor Moon (the song is alright). The steps were completely offbeat and were just thrown in there, and the bpm is way off.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
AllYourBase
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A2 or anything by that retard all suck
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything with jumps in the middle of a 1/16 note run over 120 bpm. I hate trying to hit all of the arrows only to have some random jump be hidden in there that is impossible to hit.
Complicated from TM4 bracket 2 is so awful. It's an awful song sped up with awful steps (especially the challenge ones).
Also, anything with a tempo freeze or change that is completely uncalled for, especially the freezes that only last 1/3432 of a second so that by the time you realize that it stopped, it's already on the nex measure or when the arrows just spiratically jumps to double speed when the song sounds exactly the same.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: