Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Freestyle or just Steping
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueScreenJunky
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only PA myself because... well because I can't dance ^^, so I'm generally more interested in people who PA too.

However, I like watching good fresstylers, provided they don't play 3-4 footers. I mean there's no challenge, they could as well dance the pad, and some of them barely know how to PLAY the game, they can't pass 8 or 9 footers.... But I really respect freestylers who freestyle on 6-7 footers and above, and can pass 9-10 footers if they stop freestyling.
View users profile Send private message
DDRmom
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu-don't hate

Frank- there is more to FS than DJ 8 Ball-check out some of our own east coast legends like Jiffy, JTf, $Bill, Footz etc. sometime-many of them can be seen at The Break but MD has its own FSers to be proud of.

FS has nothing to do with song difficulty its all about what you do with the footwork, creativity etc.

Both tech and FS deserve props for the work they put into the game.

Mom

After about the 20th tournament I stopped counting...

check us out at www.musicboxrocks.com

www.myspace.com/musicboxrocks
www.myspace.com/ddrmom
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
djmon
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well either one is entertaining to watch, but see just watching people trying to SDG or AAA is not as cool as it used to be (unless you SDG or AAA yourself) watching FS serves as the purpose of the game imo. so to me FS is the best, and also agree with DDRmom for giving props to both FS and Steppers alike.

View users profile Send private message
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the two best freestylers we got on the East Coast I have to say, is Phrekwenci and Nugget. I personally think Nugget is just a lil better. But that's me riiight.gif

And Freestyling isin't about how hard the song is E15.gif Duhhhh. No one should really judge on how diffucult the song is. Only the freestylers performance and the crowd appeal.
And that is why most freestylers will choose anywhere from 1 - 5 feet to do their routine on. Kinda hard with all those arrows on 6 footers and up.

Although I have seen some pretty good routines on maniac songs E13.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Frank09872
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRmom wrote:
Ryu-don't hate

Frank- there is more to FS than DJ 8 Ball-check out some of our own east coast legends like Jiffy, JTf, $Bill, Footz etc. sometime-many of them can be seen at The Break but MD has its own FSers to be proud of.

FS has nothing to do with song difficulty its all about what you do with the footwork, creativity etc.

Both tech and FS deserve props for the work they put into the game.

Mom

O I admit that some people can be fun to watch, but when it comes to impressing me, his old videos do it for me happy.gif. You show me someone around here like THAT and then we'll talk.

CH33Z-M4G3 (ADMTOM)
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phrekwenci.com <------
There ya go E13.gif
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

26. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Team 2DR]CoCaZnInOvAtIoN wrote:
phrekwenci.com <------
There ya go ;)

Nice plug! But people don't realize I do PA as well.

http://www.aaroninjapan.com/ddrexscores/view_scores.php?user=phrekwenci

And as for freestyle. http://www.phrekwenci.com/freestyle.htm

I do both, and they both have their ups and downs. I've been PA'ing more often because the arcade I go to currently doesn't get any crowds for freestyle. And it's tough to think of new moves all the time. On the other side, PA can be physically demanding. So that's why meany of my songs are scored on standard.
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-Prepare to be educated! I'll IM you and get you to some videos of the likes of Phrek, Jiffy, JTF, Nugget,$Bill, Tsuki(shameless plug for my kid)etc,etc,etc-you ain't seen nothing yet is all I gotta say.
Mom

After about the 20th tournament I stopped counting...

check us out at www.musicboxrocks.com

www.myspace.com/musicboxrocks
www.myspace.com/ddrmom
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, can you give me Nuggets Telephone Operator vid, if ya have it
I can't dl it any more ff of that site with the Freestyle Revolution project disgust.gif
Misaki's Midnite Blaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will vary on my stanima, if i'm extremely tired then I'll just go regular otherwise I'll freestyle at my own risk and prey that I don't die lol

Osaka wants some love tooooooo
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing about freestyle that bothers me. And I don't know if this happens to anyone else. Is that If I don't warm up enough before I freestyle, I won't be able to give 100%. I know some people aren't like that. But I am, and it sucks.
Like for example. If I go up and start freestyling outta no where, I'll be able to do like 70%.
But after playing a couple times,and resting for a bit, I'll be able to give 100%.

Is anyone else like that? E19.gif riiight.gif
My LZ5(ddramerica.com) routine coulda been better. But I just went up there and try to give as nearly to 100% that I could. Although I still got 3rd, i'm not really complaing, just kinda wished I coulda gave it my all, that's all. E1.gif
I'm going to try and probaly play a couple times before I do my routine next time at a tourny, or just jog for like a couple minutes laugh.gif , it'll work E4.gif
DoesNMatter
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I do both I guess.....

Playing Heavy the regular way is boring so.......

I keep playing looking for freestyle move or a move that i can modify so I look like im dancing........

But I know this song be freestlyed a lot since its about 5 steps

After the game of Love

Dude you can find many ways to play this song........

another song i find more moves is about 9 steps

Ready Steady Go

Im crazy on this song

Blow My Whistle You Little B!tch From My Healing Vision About My Midnite Blaze Named Candy!
View users profile Send private message Send email
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making new moves can be real hard if you don't take any kind of dance. But I have to say though, if you take Hip Hop then you're pretty much set.

Although You can just start learning pop since that's huge with freestyle. I learned how to pop from DDR. Although I did learn liQuid for another reason, and tried to form pop with it.
And here I am today, doing both. Never got Lock though laugh.gif
~Reign~
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in my area, everybody's gettin into freestyle now. There's only so much you can do if you're a PAer nowadays. No one really cares about the MAX's, or PSM oni, or AAA's kuz everybody can do it. With freestyle, not everyone does it because either they don't know how to dance, don't bother with it kuz they are a difficulty whore, or just too damn lazy.

As for me, I started FS, then I PA'd for a minute just to keep up with others, but personally, I like FS more kuz like I said, there's only so much you can do with PA until you get bored of it.
-=+Dikamai+=-
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dun put freestyling down or anything, but I would prefer to do just stepping. Well, stepping with a hint of freestyling in it. Just step and use your arms like you were dancing in a club. Maybe even bring some glosticks and some E... Lol just kidding about the E... XD
My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R, my bologna has a second name it's M-A-Y-E-R.... OHHHHHHH I love to eat it everyday and if you ask me why I saaayyyyyy, "Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!"

First Song A'd: Sweet Sweet Love Magic-Light, AA'd: Colors-Light, AAA'd: None frown.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DDR_is_fun123
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think freestyling is okay, but i cant stand doing light,and i cringe when im forced to do standard

please help these little guys get off the ground
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more you do, I guess the better chance you have of hating it. Then again, some people just love to do it. And if you don't keep up with it and improve, you'll start to get rusty.
I've learned this from a tourny in SC. I went to. Hadn't done the routine in a while, so I didn't do that good.
Good enough to win biggrin.gif E13.gif
laugh.gif
~Reign~
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_is_fun123 wrote:
i think freestyling is okay, but i cant stand doing light,and i cringe when im forced to do standard

How do you get forced into playing Standard? E19.gif It's either you pick it, or you don't. Anyways, I think freestyle isn't appreciated in some areas because all they see are the wack azz newbie freestylers spinning to their hearts content and handslap/kneedrops for days. Shiet, I would hate freestyle if thats all you saw. However, there is so many creative people out there, I just can't get enough of it. People like Phrekwenci and Nugget from the east coast, and let's not count how many creative people there are on the west coast. Shiet, in CA alone, we make up for the west coast. Oh, and let's not forget my other homies in the Midwest like Tequilla and Hollywood Nova. Damn...Feel like FSin now...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: