Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR: Crowd Reactions?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: DDR: Crowd Reactions? Reply with quote

Well I made this thread to see what crowd reactions you got from other people standing by and watching you.
"Nice Job! Man.. That was incredible." Things like those.

OR

Tell a story you might have been into.

Mine: So a few years back, when I was into DDR so much I couldn't stop thinking about it, I went to GameWorks one day. This was my 3rd game of the day, and I chose the song Sakura. Once I was done with it, I got a little crowd of 4 people. And when I stopped to take a picture with my phone, Which I got an A on it, (this was when it was like, whoaa..) I turn around, and this girl hands me a piece of paper and runs away. "Thanksssss" I said.
I open it up, and it's her number, lol. She was a pretty hot but weird that I didn't do that great but got a number.

And now when I triple A these things, I get nothing.

How about you guys?
I love this dancing to death. I'm striving to become the best, will I accomplish this? We will have to see. Be sure to watch out for my simfiles, videos, and posting new groovestats scores from day to day or something. I Will become the best.
E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get nearly the comments I used to (I suppose it has a lot to do with being 6'7" and 26 years old), but I still get people who comment "That looks like a workout" or "How long have you been playing for?". Occasionally I'll get some tweens who literally say "We want to challenge you". Which makes absolutely no sense to me because they can barely do easy mode. If they just wanted to play at the same time, why don't they just say "We'd like to play by you, is that OK?".

There's been a few times at the old bowling alley I occasionally played at, called Zeppos, where some people in their late 20s or early 30s who where obviously recently at the bar, would offer my friend and I a free round, just to watch us go all out on some of the hardest songs. But since I usually don't play very well with a crowd of onlookers, I never really enjoyed it much. erm.gif

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
That guy with the afro...
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toys R Us.

I get some good crowds when I am playing single, but ever since Joint Premium was enabled I get applause and cheers. Some guy came up to me and said "You're so good you tore the pads apart!" I looked down and the pads weren't connected, and I wanted to tell him but it was just too much fun leaving it at that.
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guy with the afro... wrote:
Some guy came up to me and said "You're so good you tore the pads apart!"

That guy should write the new announcer quotes for Konami.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
NOAAAH
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suko wrote:

laugh.gif

Anyway, people usually say typical stuff like "Wow!! You're Awesome!" etc. And they'll ask stuff like how long I've been playing and stuff like that. Every once in a while there will be some morons watching that will stay stuff like "Dude I could sooo beat you!(insert retarded laugh)"

As for stories, one time I was playing Pump It Up at Dave and Buster's, and a group of jocks were being extremely loud and obnoxious by jumping around the machine screaming WOOOOO really loud, obviously doing it in a way trying to make fun of me(not sure why...). There's a table right behind the dance pad to put your drink, cigarettes(lol), and one of them kneeled on the table and started making a hump gesture. He did this as the song was ending, so as soon as the song was over, I turned around and pushed him off, making him fall hard. I was in an extremely bad mood because of these morons, so I started cussing at them. They were all "Holy s*** dude it was just a joke!" and they walked off and quit bothering me.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suko wrote:

LOL nicee...

my email is theaznstephanie@yahoo.com

i dont check the other email listed in my profile

Dealextreme - best deals for electronic gadgets
Super Strong Magnets $1.63 shipped

youtube
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOAAAH wrote:

As for stories, one time I was playing Pump It Up at Dave and Buster's, and a group of jocks were being extremely loud and obnoxious by jumping around the machine screaming WOOOOO really loud, obviously doing it in a way trying to make fun of me(not sure why...). There's a table right behind the dance pad to put your drink, cigarettes(lol), and one of them kneeled on the table and started making a hump gesture. He did this as the song was ending, so as soon as the song was over, I turned around and pushed him off, making him fall hard. I was in an extremely bad mood because of these morons, so I started cussing at them. They were all "Holy s*** dude it was just a joke!" and they walked off and quit bothering me.

Word of advice to you: Never come to Albany, New York if you don't like people doing that crap. I live in Albany and have to deal with that kind of stuff all the time.
View users profile Send private message
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't there be rules against such foolishness? Well, I am currently attending a technical school and we had a day where we brought in video games. I brought in In The Groove and Dance Dance Revolution X, and the instructor and other students acted as if I were something (they called me master and pretended to do a little bow to meO_o). I kept trying to tell them I am absolutely nothing compared to the real players, but the instructor acted as if he were convinced I were a master good enough to compete with the best of them (I couldn't even pass Walking on Fire on expert that day -- and still can't to this day). Whenever I play at arcades, I am usually ignored. One time, a dude that appeared to be a pre-teen said I am good (I ended up failing the song he saw me playing -- because I suck, not because of him), and a kid was shouting "Nice! Nice!" or something like that when I was playing Cowgirl heavy (same place, different day). My parents think I am good, but everyone I watch on youtube is absolutely lightyears upon lightyears upon lightyears beyond me (I can't do with the hand controller what real players can do on the pad). Oddly, the only players I have seen outperform me in real life aren't even as good as the people I see on youtube (a couple of guys at GattiLand in Ashland, Kentucky made only single stars on expert songs).

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
That guy with the afro...
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleasedon'thurtme wrote:
Modesty

Same situation with me, only slightly different as some people you would find on YouTube actually play in the places I would play. I insist that my skills are above average at best but there is no shaking off the "You're the master".

Except in my case people actually acknowledge other people as my superior, so you're lucky you still have followers. laugh.gif
Haoie
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I'm not good enough to get any comments, or even many watchers.
Tonight
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Da-Risin-Smoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hardly play anymore but:

I wait for the people think they're badass and show off to their fugly girlfriend and pick on the newbs.
Then I encourage the newbs and go show the arrogant people up.
I eat mop, who?
Haha, you eat your poo.
Groovestats
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: