Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Survey
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DjEvolution0404
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Survey Reply with quote

I am doing a survey for a school project. I was not sure where exactly i would post this and since it deals with ITG i posted it here E10.gif

Question: Would you rather play In the Groove or DDR?
*any version of either does not matter*

Thanks for your help biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG

In this forum, you'll obviously get an extreme bias

If this is for a middle school type project, this should be fine, as long as you mention the bias. If this is for a high school stats class or something like that, find a way to eliminate the bias
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply biggrin.gif , its for a college english essay lol so i needed to get statistics on which more people would prefer to play.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR
LightningXCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG, but I won't bore you with details about superior graphics, hardware, sound quality, better grading system, more accurate hardware, greater functioning judgment system, USB support for stats, custom songs, screenshots, and developers who actually care about the community.

What?
NIQ9
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should choose a new topic. There is too much bias in this situation. maybe something like their favorite ITG artist or something along those lines (or even favorite Kyle Ward alias).
besides, how much do you think you could write about ITG/DDR general preference?

If you ask about the artist, you could use some paper space to explain what ITG is, then explain the different kinds of music, then explain each individual major ITG artist.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...ITG.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
El Band Geek
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LightningXCE wrote:
ITG, but I won't bore you with details about superior graphics, hardware, sound quality, better grading system, more accurate hardware, greater functioning judgment system, USB support for stats, custom songs, screenshots, and developers who actually care about the community.

what he said
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Band Geek wrote:
LightningXCE wrote:

what he said

nystargate
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LightningXCE wrote:

ITG, for most of the reasons listed above. The only small difference I have from the post I quoted above is - I don't think the sound quality is noticably better...
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
DjEvolution0404
Basic Member
Basic Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick9109 wrote:
I think you should choose a new topic. There is too much bias in this situation. maybe something like their favorite ITG artist or something along those lines (or even favorite Kyle Ward alias).
besides, how much do you think you could write about ITG/DDR general preference?

If you ask about the artist, you could use some paper space to explain what ITG is, then explain the different kinds of music, then explain each individual major ITG artist.

Its a paper about a situation that you want to change and i am doing my paper on the konami and in the groove lawsuit, i know i cant overturn it but its just a paper.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG ftw.

DDR = Ewww... Too easy =p
I love this dancing to death. I'm striving to become the best, will I accomplish this? We will have to see. Be sure to watch out for my simfiles, videos, and posting new groovestats scores from day to day or something. I Will become the best.
E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Xanthros
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't think I can say that Konami deserved to lose the suit; ITG clearly is a DDR rip-off.

But it's such a good rip-off that it's actually better than the real thing. I prefer ITG over DDR definitely. The steps are (for the most part) more interesting, and they offer much more challenging steps also. DDR is like the god damn stone age, even the hardest songs were too easy and they didn't even offer custom song input like ITG does (another reason it's better).

At least if it had custom songs people could use their own, more difficult songs. But without ITG, what would you do once you're good at DDR? Play LoM and PSMO over and over until you get that SDG to an AAA? BORING.

I don't even want to talk about Supernova.
View users profile Send private message
NIQ9
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjEvolution0404 wrote:
Its a paper about a situation that you want to change and i am doing my paper on the konami and in the groove lawsuit, i know i cant overturn it but its just a paper.
Oh, ok
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xanthros wrote:
Well I don't think I can say that Konami deserved to lose the suit; ITG clearly is a DDR rip-off.

Where do you draw the line between "rip-off" and "genre"? Can the maker of the first driving game sue every driving game that came after it? Can the maker of the first button-mashing fighting game sue every other fighting game that came after it? Sharing a common interface apparently isn't considered a rip-off in all instances...
Chaos Master
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately ITG. No contest.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Spammit
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG

I mades me a groovestats: http://groovestats.com/?page=profile&id=6032
My IIDX and DM videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Spammit
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on my mood. I play DDR if I feel like playing to nice music and just wanna have some fun. I play ITG when I'm feeling competitive and wanna push myself.

Yeah, I alternate between each every 6 months or so.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowpoke wrote:
Xanthros wrote:

Where do you draw the line between "rip-off" and "genre"? Can the maker of the first driving game sue every driving game that came after it? Can the maker of the first button-mashing fighting game sue every other fighting game that came after it? Sharing a common interface apparently isn't considered a rip-off in all instances...

Well, it's based off a DDR SIMULATOR.

Heck I like playing ITG a lot but I admit it is a rip-off. What I don't understand is, if Konami acquired the intellectual property of ITG, then why haven't they put in C-scroll mods?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: