Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Broken control box?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abc12345
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Broken control box? Reply with quote

I don't know if there is already a topic about this or not, but is there a way to fix the control box for a metal pad? My brother doesn't care about my ddr stuff and throws everything around and when I turned my game on the pad didn't work. This is also about the third control box I went through so yea...thx for any help
View users profile Send private message
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Punch your bro.

2. See if the plugs are all plugging in right; no prongs bent or missing or anything.

3. If it's still broken, gently rattle it and listen for clanking around.
abc12345
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
1. Punch your bro.

2. See if the plugs are all plugging in right; no prongs bent or missing or anything.

1) I wish i could

2)I'll try but probably not what what's wrong

3)If there is a clanking sound then what?

(edit): I think the control box is fine but the wire cover (the black plastic slip thing) got ripped off from the ps2 controller part, so I can see the red, orange, green, etc. wires and I think they came loose.
devout
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any chance you can post a photo of the ripped part you're talking about?
abc12345
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to find a camera in my house to show you the part E2.gif
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abc12345 wrote:
DancingTofu wrote:
1. Punch your bro.

1) I wish i could

2)I'll try but probably not what what's wrong

3)If there is a clanking sound then what?

(edit): I think the control box is fine but the wire cover (the black plastic slip thing) got ripped off from the ps2 controller part, so I can see the red, orange, green, etc. wires and I think they came loose.

then you cna carefully solder it back on (or if you dont want to solder or are afraid to you can some a nonconductive tape or clip to keep them in place (though it would require maintnace to keep the wires in the right places and i dont recomend it)

and if you cant punch your brother walk up behind him and hit him in the head with a brick thatll fix his little red wagon
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds similar to what happened to my old softpad, except that the connection was never harmed by it. It's right by the end of the PS2 male plug, right?
abc12345
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
Sounds similar to what happened to my old softpad, except that the connection was never harmed by it. It's right by the end of the PS2 male plug, right?

Yes, that was the part I was thinking of. I don't think theres any way of fixing that is there? And I am only twelve, and my dad isn't a good soderer, so that's out of the picture.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: