Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

USB Flash Drive Memory Cards? =o

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: USB Flash Drive Memory Cards? =o Reply with quote

Yeah, well I went to Staples to look at flash drives, and the only two there were these USB's that you had to insert Memory Stick Duo's in them in order for them to save anything. They looked really high quality, but I didn't know if they'd work for ITG so I didn't buy one. Anyone know if these would work for ITG/R21 and if they're better than the regulars? =P

-DarkCore
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Deviatorz
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to ask a similar question as well, only I have an Sony Memory Stick adapter and 128 and 256mb memory sticks. I want to know if they work as well. I'm going to my local arcade next week so I'll go test it out if no one replies. I'll post results.
View users profile Send private message
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They wouldn't work. The machine would recognize those kind of flashdrives as high power devices. I have something similar where you insert a memory card into a USB reader. It gave me an annoying message saying "Cannot support powerful devices" or something like that.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Deviatorz
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i went to itg today and it just didn't work...it gave an error.
View users profile Send private message
Ghettobarney
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So exactly what kind of usb memory do you need? Also I want to bring SM files and songs to ITG2 but have never been there so I can't put songs on a memory card when I get one. I need whatever it is you need because the ITG is well over an hour away.

-OJA

OMG I BEETS MACKS 300!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Charlie Likes Cake
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont really need a certain type it needs to be I think fat32. I dont really know E19.gif . And for the songs they have to be in ogg format and you could put a patch on the songs that makes the machine think its 1:45. And if you have a laptop I would take that with you and just put the songs on it after you play one round.

GIVE ME CHALLENGES!!!!

[quote:f53f3badc5="Simo!?(brb)"]IHCW!!![/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OrangeJuiceAssassin wrote:
So exactly what kind of usb memory do you need? Also I want to bring SM files and songs to ITG2 but have never been there so I can't put songs on a memory card when I get one. I need whatever it is you need because the ITG is well over an hour away.

-OJA

Just get a plain USB drive and make sure that it doesn't say "U3" on it. If it does, it's easy to remove, but it's kind of annoying. Anyway ITG automatically makes the files on your USB drive as soon as you play a game, but if you've never been there (and don't have the files made), I'd assume that you'd make a folder, and label it "Songs" and make the song folders in there with the *timestamped if necessary* .ogg files, and the .sm file. Make sure you don't put on more than 50 because I hear that's the most that it will load.

Another thing, don't worry about getting one with a large amount of space on it (2GB for example) because you'll never need that much space.

EDIT: Charlie>>>No, it does not have to be FAT32 - mine is formatted to FAT and it works fine.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Charlie Likes Cake
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said I wasnt sure.

GIVE ME CHALLENGES!!!!

[quote:f53f3badc5="Simo!?(brb)"]IHCW!!![/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: