Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Your favorite and least favorite public Stepmania simfiles!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Infinity
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Your favorite and least favorite public Stepmania simfiles! Reply with quote

List your favorite and least favorite simfiles that can be publically accessed (i.e., from Bemanistyle, DDR Place, FFR, etc.). Just make sure that you don't reveal where to get them because that's not allowed on the forums. Here's my choices:

Favorites:

B-Dash
My Gifts
Since 1983
TetraQ

Least Favorites:

Speed Racer (Remixed by Aphex Twin)
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My faves...

Fred Come to Bed
Max Don't Have Sex With Your Ex
Super Trouper
Supermodel
AA (pad version)

My least fave...

Hmmm.... probably this version of Gwen Stefani's "What Are You Waiting For" that I downloaded and was totally out of sync. Also, "The Breaks" and "Working For the Weekend" for the same reason.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me almost every SM file that I download is grade A

The only SM files i hate alot are the KBMP's. Sure I'll admit they are hard but some of them are just plain ridiculous. Like X-Treme or %10 has jumps randomly placed during really fast streams which is so annoying. If anything, I would just leave out the jumps all together if you're gonna have streams like that.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
yagsimit69
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTOPIA wrote:

The only SM files i hate alot are the KBMP's. Sure I'll admit they are hard but some of them are just plain ridiculous. Like X-Treme or %10 has jumps randomly placed during really fast streams which is so annoying. If anything, I would just leave out the jumps all together if you're gonna have streams like that.

you can't say bad things about a simfile due to its difficulty, all of those songs are AAA'able and alot of people can do them. just because you can't do good on them doesn't mean there not good files. i have pretty much every pack and the only files that are bad are the repetitive stream ones, or the just plain bs songs that no one can pass.

View users profile Send private message
UTOPIA
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yagsimit69 wrote:
UTOPIA wrote:

you can't say bad things about a simfile due to its difficulty, all of those songs are AAA'able and alot of people can do them. just because you can't do good on them doesn't mean there not good files. i have pretty much every pack and the only files that are bad are the repetitive stream ones, or the just plain bs songs that no one can pass.

I never said anything bad about the KBMP's. I just said that some of them were ridiculously hard. C'mon stuff like that you don't see on DDR or ITG. DUH, I know other non-profesional people made them but SM file making is an art... you have to put the right peices in place to complete the building. You can't just go "ok I'll put this small piece in this section and then this HUMONGUS chunk on to of it and hope that it stays intact." Thats just retarded.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Infinity wrote:
List your favorite and least favorite simfiles that can be publically accessed (i.e., from Bemanistyle, DDR Place, FFR, etc.). Just make sure that you don't reveal where to get them because that's not allowed on the forums.
Linking to mp3 files ALONE is not allowed on the forums, but linking to dwi/sm files with mp3 and such included in the package is fine. Not sure, go to the GET your files to sm/dwi here! thread.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Razor LOL
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all of DM Ashura's productions, as well as all of the on DDRUK, and oh, Quasar as well (the Arch0wl version).

If I hated something, I only played it once and got rid of it (some of the stuff from the Plauguemix series mostly).
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DM ashura rocks but some other song that i like are legacy by KaW SWEET by DJ Evil and Turn Away by Marvin Willsted im not a big fdan ogf muy name is jakenpopp that song is just sounds to be honest
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, SWEET is excellent. I'm not too hot on restepped Konami/Roxor originals... for some reason they don't seem to be synced all that well.

Used to be Zoupzuop2. Now I'm not.

[2016] Came back to see what a huge weeb I was. loloops
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
#Infinity
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know why I seem to dislike most of the Plaguemix Series songs. Even the Captain Jack song (1-2-3) isn't any good. Eat em' up was a failed experiment for DDR, and B!tches has got to be one of the worst simfiles I've ever heard. I hated the song so much that I removed it from my folder. In fact, that song repelled me from the entire series for a time.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorites

Neomax
MaxX ResurrexXtion
The al la Menthe (Toph's)
Identity pt. 2 (Izzy's)
%10 (NVLM_ZK's)
Fury of the Storm
Eruption
Nazgul

Least favorites

Quasar
CIA Rave
Most of NVLM's O2JAM simfiles except for Death Moon and %10
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorites:

NeoMax. BY FAR.
any step files I've created
Emerald Sword, even though I still can't get through it, it's fun.

Least Favorites:
NeoMax Full Version. The song is absolutely beautiful, but I just don't like the steps.
FFVII boss, the song is plain annoying.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Laundry
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAVORITE

Shining Collection
Highway Star (or whatever it's called)
Tokyo Style Speedcore
Blade
Ready, Steady, Go!
HellScaper (toph)
%10 (toph)
Pretty much any generic spread song.

LEAST FAVORITE

Anything NVLM or Cynic
Quasar
CIA Rave
MSWGO
FOTS
Anything with excessive amounts of trills.
Anything with arch0wl in the name of the song.

I hate a lot more but I don't want to list them all.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: