Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Red Octane Ignition Pad USB

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Girl
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Red Octane Ignition Pad USB Reply with quote

I'm sorry if this question has been posted before...I couldn't find anything. I am trying to figure out why the brand new ignition pad that I just purchased with a USB connector won't work on my PC. The pad will not register on my system. I am using Windows Server 2003. Any help would be appreciated.
View users profile Send private message
psisarah
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. I run win2k. So, I called RedOctane. Here's how it went (the gist of it anyways)

Me: Um, hi, the USB won't work with my computer. I just purchased the pad and my PC won't recognize the pad. Whenever I plug it in, it says I need a driver. Where can I download one?

RO: The pad is plug in play, you don't need a driver.

Me: Uh... thats great... but it says I need a driver when I plug in the pad.

RO: Well, it's plug and play, so we don't have a driver. Windows XP has the driver in the OS.

Me: That would be good except I told you I'm running win2k.

RO: Oh. The pad is plug and play though, we don't have a driver. Do you even have a game that will work with windows 2k?

Me: ... Um. Ya.

RO: The pad is only compatible with WinXP.

Me: O rly? Well, it doesn't state anywhere on your website, on the packaging or is any single disclaimer I read that the pad is only XP compatible.

RO: Gamers only run games on winXP, thats why we dont have a driver for it.

Me: K, I run win2k and play Stepmania. I suggest you update your website stating the pad is only XP compatible.

RO: Check back in a month, we're working on a driver.

Month and a half later...

(e-mail) So how's that driver coming?

Month later...

RO: ...

Sorry, you're screwed. RO customer service wins again.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yep.. thats usually how it works... lol i run Linux... how do you think I feel? lol.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kachan
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a RedOctane pad too but i use a windows XP and the same thing happens to me. when i first connect it to the computer the little bubble comes up that shows that the pad is connected but when i try to play with it the buttons dont register in the song. but i'm not exactly sure what thats about or how to fix it...

Last edited by Kachan on Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
psisarah
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kachan, you mapped it right?
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um...mapped? well as you can see from my obvious cluelessness i have no idea how to map my pad. lol but anyhoo how would i go about mapping my pad?
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to go into the Stepmania settings under Config Key/Joy Mappings. From there you'll have to assign the directional arrows on your pad to the appriopate buttons.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo right mk i'll do that then thank you so much!
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E19.gif Uh me new at this forum xD!! I no that stupid RO service thingy that he/she said cause i got this pad and it worked right when i plug it in my pc. Soooooooooooo hope my dance pad works cause I ordered it yesterday biggrin.gif
Asymptote
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, no problem here. In fact the Ignition 3.0's USB works better than any crappy Playstation2-USB adapter I've tried (no lag, and of course no stupid "up-down" cant be pressed problem). Maybe it only works in a USB 2.0 port though. Most computers have them if I'm not mistaken. They aren't always labeled though.... I had to test 8 ports to see what mine was for some other device I've used. Try all of your USB ports or the 2.0 if you know you have one and aren't already.

ALSO, if you are using it in Stepmania, make sure you plug it in the correct port BEFORE you load up Stepmania. Mine for some reason only works if i plug it in before.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: