Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Woot, can't wait to go home and use my new mats

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjswift
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Woot, can't wait to go home and use my new mats Reply with quote

Ordered some cheap PS2 mats with USB converter, gonna try to get step mania working when I get home from work today (fed ex says they have arrived).

I only played ddr once at the arcades, and am a complete NOOB, but ever since playing using a keyboard I'm excited about getting up and playing in front of my TV (computer with TV output).

I know I'll embarrass myself at first, but later I'll show everyone I'm a dancin' foo!!!
View users profile Send private message
tekkie
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll hate the soft pads soon.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tekkie ▶◀ wrote:
You'll hate the soft pads soon.

QFE
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pridezC
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats QFE mean?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
bjswift
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Ok got the mats working, but is it working right? Reply with quote

Ok, I set up my PS2 pads with the adapter. It seems to accept mappings to the keys, HOWEVER, is it susposed to act like it is pressing the button a thousand times per second when I hold the button in? Could it be a driver problem? I thought it would be like a joystick, such that if I press and hold a button down, it will stay held down instead of super fast repete..

Anyhow, whats QFE stand for?

And I'm sure I'll hate the soft pads, but knowing how I think and go about in this world, I won't be playing DDR unless for some reason it gets addictive.

Thanks for any input!!
Laundry
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoted For Emphasis.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cat's Eye
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Ok got the mats working, but is it working right? Reply with quote

bjswift wrote:
is it susposed to act like it is pressing the button a thousand times per second when I hold the button in?

I know!

My metal pad does the exact same thing...

is there a solution to this?

someone please answer before this topic gets locked biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start + Up + Select?

I'm not too sure about this one, maybe you need to configure your adapter under:

Start > Control Panel > Game Controllers
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat up select is to make it press buttons, not the direction I think.. However, it is still acting like its pressing on repete when I hold down a button on the pad.. frown.gif((

Maybe a driver issue? I got the wrong driver probably?
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Ok got the mats working, but is it working right? Reply with quote

bjswift wrote:
I won't be playing DDR unless for some reason it gets addictive.
How about, "I will definitely start playing DDR like crazy when the addiction kicks in."
View users profile Send private message Send email
bjswift
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: wish I could play it Reply with quote

I wish I could play it, but its bugging me that when I step and hold a button, it repeteively presses it like 100s of times a second
bjswift
Basic Member
Basic Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Found out reason, maybe? Reply with quote

I plugged the mat into the adapter, then the adapter into the USB port, it worked fine.. Doesn't repete the buttons thousands of times over and over..
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: