Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Help with sim files!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dnddrguy1
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Help with sim files! Reply with quote

Well I've read a few tutorials and i'm still scratching my head about how to install simfiles. I have the first 8 ddr mix song packs and the downloads off of stepmania so about 408 songs. So the only thing about stepmania I understand is putting the simzip thing into the package section of your stepmania program folder.

But I have about 5GB worth of Simfiles I don't know how to install that I've gotten off of various bittorrents. And looking at all the simfiles at www.ddruk.com, www.flashflashrevolution.com, www.ddrplace.com, www.bemanistyle.com, and whole crapload of other sites that offer simfiles it would probably be more like 10GB or more. So in short I just want to know how can I get the songs to work on stepmania? Thanx in advance
View users profile Send private message
yagsimit69
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

read the instruction folder thats in the song folder of stepmania

PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very simple, and the README file explains it well, but really there's no "installing" at all. Group folders go inside Stepmania's Songs folder, and song folders go inside the Group folders. Many packs you download of multiple songs will contain a group folder with all the song folders inside, so you just move the group folder into Stepmania's Songs folder. For individual songs you download, you can group them however you like. You create group folders inside Stepmania's Songs folder and then put the folders for the individual songs inside those. Most people make a group folder called "miscellaneous" or something similar to dump stuff into; when you only have a handful of songs and don't need to keep them organized you can just dump everything into one group like that. You can also make groups based on where you got the simfile from (i.e. "Bemanistyle" or "DDRPlace"), or group them by author.

I can't believe I'm saying "folder" instead of "directory" now; damn you Microsoft!
XOR-SYS
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, you could always open the SMZIP with WinRAR, and extract the simfiles that way.

2MB = tomb?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
dnddrguy1
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you it seems there were too many folders for some of the files so I deleted some and the files worked I now have 300 new songs yay. The zipped files I had no problem with but there are some files called RAR that are like almost 1GB that I don't know what to do with. Are these Winrar files and if so where can I get winrar perferably for free since college students have no money frown.gif
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnddrguy1 wrote:
Are these Winrar files

Yes

Quote:
and if so where can I get winrar perferably for free since college students have no money frown.gif

Wow, that's a tricky question, surely it wouldn't be anything trivially obvious like http://win-rar.com/ or something...
dnddrguy1
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I must still be wearing my +5 helmet of stupidity. I downloaded the free winrar version and unzipped those files and my song list went from like 650 to over 1200 songs man i'm set for a while. So thanx everyone for the advice I think I can figure out the rest and maybe start making my own simfiles.
Ian2K3
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can i find the original files for ddr games in the arcades and ps2?
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find all of my ddr/itg/simfiles ussually through bittorrents either through ddruk, and other simfile websites that run bittorrents, or I download them one at a time at www.ddrplace.com or www.bemanistyle.com But the name of the first website I used to get the ddr mixes 1-8, and konamix is called www.thepiratebay.org it was the site a friend showed me when I first found out about stepmania. This is the page that came up when I typed in stepmania on the piratebay.org
http://thepiratebay.org/search.php?q=stepmania
Son of CataKiller
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I downloaded the .rar file from the team D5R link, I was all excited right, uncompressed it, boom, it was all there the mp3, the bg, the .sm, etc. But when I uncompressed it to my song files in SM and booted it up, all the songs load when you see the wee loadin' SM rectangle, but when you get to the actual file in the interface, there are like 8 songs and only two have music, so saddening, I am about to give up on this whole ITG1 simfile deal and dismiss it as a hoax. If someone has had this problem and can fix it Please tells me 'bout it. Thanks!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: