Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

TONS of stepmania songs!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paranoidmaxxmachine
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: TONS of stepmania songs!!! Reply with quote

Egg.

Last edited by paranoidmaxxmachine on Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before someone jumps on the OMGILLEGAL wagon, DDRUK's simfiles are not. Just read the damned FAQ forum before you try to download, unless you're familiar with torrents.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Malice913150
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silly ppl
WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT DDRUK
just lock this
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know about it, you know about it. Approximately 3billion people don't know of the existance of DDRUK. A few of them use this site.
linkmastre6464
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, personally, have never heard of it. Thanks for pointing this out!!

Must be nice.
View users profile Send private message
yagsimit69
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73627

stickies only work when people read them
coolforever
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I found out about this site back in 2003. Awesome site, I'd rate it 9.75/10.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Xayro
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rate it a 7/10... because They don't have direct downloads anymore... and no individuals anymore.

So... in my book.. thats a fail. Because Torrent sucks.

And People really should make new/revive old threads about good websites and such... we have new people on this site everyday... Lets spread the news.. because no one reads stickies.. 'cept the main posters... and myself. 'cause I have no life.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRUK's Torrents work great.

Torrents work better than direct downloads in most cases, actually, thanks to the harsh reality of bandwidth costs.

Direct download sites are great while they're up, but direct downloads usually last only about a month, until the first bandwidth bill comes in.

Nobody can afford what it costs to host large, very popular files for direct download. That's why 99% of direct download sites for large, very popular files die within about a month of offering the files.

The new reality of the Internet: learn to love Bit Torrent, IRC, filesharing networks, and other alternative distribution systems, or don't expect to download things. That's how the world works now; get used to it.
SakeLoverReturns
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to warn you now that some of the DDRUK sims are off beat. Plus there are alot of people who host SIM's through AIM... ((cough "SakuyaBattousia" cough)) <~~~ this is not a hint happy.gif'' or is it?

View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SakeLoverReturns wrote:
I'm going to warn you now that some of the DDRUK sims are off beat.

Well, no stepfile is every going to be synced 100% perfectly, and some are going to be less perfect than others, but DDRUK's are generally considered the "most correct" out of all the available simfiles out there. They actually make a serious effort at synching and will accept bug reports if you can prove a simfile error. Check their forums: when an error is reported, they fix it.

Simfiles for official DDR songs from places other than DDRUK are usually just old versions of DDRUK's simfiles, often with the identification removed. Old versions are likely to be less accurate and less well synched than the current versions.
dballin4
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRUK HAS DIRECT DOWNLOADS. You just gotta pay them money. It's like 6 bucks for a one month subscription to get all access to the simfiles on a fast dd server. stfu noobs. bye

ps: I have something rediculous like 10,000 simfiles. I'm getting 16,000 from Shuey so, yeah... No one beats me. /end of thread. qwijibo
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about 27000, so, nyah. LOL at "stfu noobs" from a Beginner Member.

Why would you pay for downloads of the official DDR bumpers when the Bit Torrent tracker works so well?

People who complain about Bit Torrent, P2P, etc., are just luddites who can't handle new technology.
xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XeroCi wrote:
I'd rate it a 7/10... because They don't have direct downloads anymore... and no individuals anymore.
So... in my book.. thats a fail. Because Torrent sucks.

Torrents for the win. Why? Built-in error correction. The direct downloads were removed because of high bandwidth costs. Bandwidth is much more expensive in Europe than the US. Please get over it. The individuals were removed because, as far as I could tell, they weren't getting updated. It's too much of a hassle to zip and upload close to 2000 different simfiles, unless YOU wanna do it.

SakeLoverReturns wrote:
I'm going to warn you now that some of the DDRUK sims are off beat. Plus there are alot of people who host SIM's through AIM... ((cough "SakuyaBattousia" cough)) <~~~ this is not a hint happy.gif'' or is it?

If something's offbeat, tell us. We'll fix it, release a new version, and your name will go in the changelog showing that you helped. As for filesharing with AIM... Two things. WTF? And why?

PedanticOmbudsman wrote:
Check their forums: when an error is reported, they fix it.

And like I said, we give you credit.

PedanticOmbudsman wrote:
Simfiles for official DDR songs from places other than DDRUK are usually just old versions of DDRUK's simfiles, often with the identification removed.

Like when DDR Heaven showed up. They had an old, outdated version of the DDRUK bumpers with the readme replaced with the DDR Heaven one, and the filenames were all prefixed with "DDR Heaven". This INCLUDED the BANTU Originals and the Shuey's Simfile Museum, both of which were only distributed through DDRUK.

dballin4 wrote:
DDRUK HAS DIRECT DOWNLOADS. You just gotta pay them money. It's like 6 bucks for a one month subscription to get all access to the simfiles on a fast dd server. stfu noobs. bye

You, sir, need to calm down. The DDRUK subscriptions give you extra little bits on the site and extra recognition while at the same time keeping the site alive.

dballin4 wrote:
I'm getting 16,000 from Shuey so, yeah... No one beats me.

Shuey beats you.
SakeLoverReturns
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not share through AIM? E19.gif

And it wasn't the earlier sims that were offbeat, back from when there were direct downloads. Only some of the torrents are. Most of them I've replaced but I'll check and see and let you know which ones they are.

xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the bumpers were updated on April 1st, 2005 (05-04-01), and the most recent update was October 17 (2005-10-17, and yes this is the finalized date format). If you find something wrong with them, don't tell me here. Go post the issues in the Simfiles Work Forum at DDRUK.com so they'll actually get fixed. As for the torrents, remember, if one or more of them are ill-seeded, get on the IRC channel and ask politely for seeds. E10.gif I'll be glad to load them up.
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PedanticOmbudsman wrote:

What a massive waste of space. I bet you play about 200 of that 27,000.
aooga
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Before someone jumps on the OMGILLEGAL wagon, DDRUK's simfiles are not

Really? As someone who isn't following the legalisms, what is and isn't illegal? If this is property of konami and these are konami songs, why is it legal?
dballin4
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PedanticOmbudsman wrote:

I don't like these forums. There's nothing here for me. Just cuz I'm a beginner member on this forum doesn't mean I haven't been around for a while. Somebody used my post without asking so I signed up. Whatever. I really don't care, they credited me. Sh!t. Stupid fuhking swear filter. lololollol ban me. If you have 27,000 my guess is that there are massive amounts of doubles and triples maybe even quads of some stuff. I want proof too god damnit. Anyone can say they have whatever amount. And seeing your join date here, I'm just gonna assume that's you join date for everything and it's prolly wrong, but still... To have 27,000 simfiles you would need to have more than what's currently on Bemanistyle AND FFR sims databases. Therefore I don't believe you.

Quote:
Why would you pay for downloads of the official DDR bumpers when the Bit Torrent tracker works so well?

People who complain about Bit Torrent, P2P, etc., are just luddites who can't handle new technology.

Nobody complained about bittorrent. Their Direct Downloads are incredibly fast. Much faster than any torrent can ever dream of going. So yeah. You can go back to killing yourself now.

Quote:
The DDRUK subscriptions give you extra little bits on the site and extra recognition while at the same time keeping the site alive.

That's why I would pay for direct downloads.

Quote:
You, sir, need to calm down.

I don't see why I should.

Quote:
dballin4 wrote:

Shuey beats you.

If you don't know how to add, 10000 + 16000 > 16000

Shuey does not beat me. I'm taking over the museum for him.

ps: wow... I had more than I thought. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/dballin4/zomgsongs.jpg
paranoidmaxxmachine
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dballin4 wrote:
PedanticOmbudsman wrote:

I don't like these forums. There's nothing here for me. Just cuz I'm a beginner member on this forum doesn't mean I haven't been around for a while. Somebody used my post without asking so I signed up. Whatever. I really don't care, they credited me. Sh!t. Stupid fuhking swear filter. lololollol ban me. If you have 27,000 my guess is that there are massive amounts of doubles and triples maybe even quads of some stuff. I want proof too god damnit. Anyone can say they have whatever amount. And seeing your join date here, I'm just gonna assume that's you join date for everything and it's prolly wrong, but still... To have 27,000 simfiles you would need to have more than what's currently on Bemanistyle AND FFR sims databases. Therefore I don't believe you.

Quote:

Nobody complained about bittorrent. Their Direct Downloads are incredibly fast. Much faster than any torrent can ever dream of going. So yeah. You can go back to killing yourself now.

Quote:
The DDRUK subscriptions give you extra little bits on the site and extra recognition while at the same time keeping the site alive.

That's why I would pay for direct downloads.

Quote:
You, sir, need to calm down.

I don't see why I should.

Quote:
dballin4 wrote:

Shuey beats you.

If you don't know how to add, 10000 + 16000 > 16000

Shuey does not beat me. I'm taking over the museum for him.

ps: wow... I had more than I thought. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/dballin4/zomgsongs.jpg

I see. I give you credit for a post you made and then put it on this site so you join and then just piss everyone off. WTG!!!111!!!1!!!one!!!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: