Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Is DDR still popular in japan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff's Bawls
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

20. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with Yasu over there, there's probably still much interest.
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, I think Pump is better then DDR. It IS harder, and I like most of the songs better. I think Pump would have a future if it had a better interface. I see people playing Pump just as much as DDR now.

¤[Team Pink Snail Represent ]¤
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Mysterio
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Pump is okay (it's a lot better than Stepping Stage, I'll tell you that), and it's arrow placements means two things compared to DDR:

A) It's more freestyle friendly
B) It's harder

And no way Pop'n is better than IIDX...

...but Rhythm and Police is no longer crazy!
View users profile Send private message
DDRmaniacplayer
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ganon wrote:

Thats for sure, but, I think Beatmania is going to take over when DDR dies. I just hope it dosn't happen soon. I like DDR way better.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
slik
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, end of the pump discussion! E13.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Freak'nBigPanda
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Who the heck is yasu??

And I googled beatmania IIDX and is it the game you play using the turntables? Yea its look pretty new, 7th seems to be shipping some time this year.

Quote:
I wonder, is their a site that lists all the fashion/videogame/popculture stuff that is popular in japan right now?

Can sombody please tell if there is a site like this? It would be very helpful for otaku (like me) to stay in the know about j-pop topics.
View users profile Send private message
Ryu_Hirakashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysterio wrote:
Eh, Pump is okay (it's a lot better than Stepping Stage, I'll tell you that), and it's arrow placements means two things compared to DDR:

A) It's more freestyle friendly
B) It's harder

And no way Pop'n is better than IIDX...

I don't know about freestyle friendly. I don't freestyle but I will agree on it being harder.

Now that last comment is so false. Pop n' music is better!!! Bwhahahaha!!!

Hundreds of songs available and man the interface is the best thing since sex. Don't get me wroing IIDX is truely awesome but pop n' elcipses IIDX in two of the most important areas mentioned above. Hey, I wouldn't be buying a snazzy new flat panel monitor if I didn't think so. nerd.gif
For a beginner, if learning how to play pop'n music is like a parent holding his / her child's hand while crossing a busty street, then learning to play IIDX is like being kicked out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere and having to scrape enough money for a taxi cab ride home.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
You Touch My Tra-La-La.
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have a legit review on the new pop'n? Anyone? I've heard good things, but I've never even played any version of pop'n. Now IIDX--what does that stand for again? Everyone, including me, has always called it that, but I still don't know. Hmm. Ponderance. Anyway, and what is it about the piu vs. DDR argument? If you do your research, for those of you who declare piu a ripoff, Bemani developed both games at around the same time, and piu actually went to market a month or two before ddr did way back in 1997.
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Three Hundred wrote:
Can I have a legit review on the new pop'n? Anyone? I've heard good things, but I've never even played any version of pop'n. Now IIDX--what does that stand for again? Everyone, including me, has always called it that, but I still don't know. Hmm. Ponderance. Anyway, and what is it about the piu vs. DDR argument? If you do your research, for those of you who declare piu a ripoff, Bemani developed both games at around the same time, and piu actually went to market a month or two before ddr did way back in 1997.

1) What new Pop'n? Pop'n 10 in the arcade? Pop'n 8 at home? Pop'n 9 at home, which is out in a week or two?

2) It's Pop'n. Just like every Pop'n game before it.

3) IIDX = Two Deluxe. Hence why you say "two-dee-ecks" and not "eye-eye-dee-ecks".

4) "Bemani" is not a company. Konami is a company. Bemani is a product line.

5) Furthermore, Konami had NOTHING TO DO with Pump. Nor is it a title in the Bemani line.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freak'nBigPanda wrote:
And I googled beatmania IIDX and is it the game you play using the turntables? Yea its look pretty new, 7th seems to be shipping some time this year.

Actually, IIDX has been around since 1998 (?). The reason 7th Style's taken so long to get a home release is because IIDX home versions havn't sold very well in the past, so Konami didn't know if they wanted to make it or not. 7th Style will be released almost 2 years after 6th Style was.

IIDX 10th Style is coming to arcades sometime this month.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

30. PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR came out in 1998, not 1997, and IIDX wouldn't have been out any earlier than 1999, since Beatmania 3rd came out around the end of 1998.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Double-you
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who the heck is yasu??

Yasu: MAX 300 AAA 300+ times

MAX 300 AAA reverse x1.5 Stealth
AAA PARANOiA BROTHERS
AAA'd a bunch of other stuff
Dance_More
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind pump but i don't like the songs nearly as much plus most mix don't have as many songs on them...does pump have nonstop and oni too? anyway no DDR isn't as popular as it use to be but atleast other bemani is still popular over there like pop n' (which i still haven't played yet E2.gif )...and DDR can still become popular over here to make up for the loss of popularity in Japan E13.gif
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

33. PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR is pretty much dead over there. I found tons of Popn, IIDX, BM, and GF/DM over there but I found one DDR machine in all of 4 cities. I think DDR is dying because its just lost its shine. Everyone that wanted to get into the game has gotten into it and everything on there has already been done. No one really seems to jsut take notice of the game anymore. Usually whenever I play atleast one person takes note over here but over there everyone just walked by to play IIDX 9. Plus Popn and IIDX are more fun E1.gif . Konami needs to figure out some extremely innovative way to keep players in Japan for it to have much life after extreme.
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why piu is so big in Korea. Maybe because they haven't really produced any more games like it. Maybe they did? I don't know. But also another thing I like about pump is when new mixes come out. They don't always just have nothing but remixes like ddr did. They have alot of new songs with the old songs still selectable.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: