Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Do you think of steps for every song you hear?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDRmaniacplayer
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Do you think of steps for every song you hear? Reply with quote

When you hear a song on the radio or something, do you think of steps that can be possible? Because I do all the time. If I'm listening on the radio, I always think of the possible steps that can be done and how fast it should be. Just wondering if anybody else did that.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Philipio
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I do. And when I listened to Moby - Thousand, I thought, "WOW, I WONDER WHAT THE BPM ON THAT WOULD BE"
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't make up steps for songs. But a lot of times I'll hear songs and say "That song should be in DDR". I'll just leave the step making to...uh...the step makers.
-=+Dikamai+=-
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a short and sweet answer for you...

Yes, yes I do.
My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R, my bologna has a second name it's M-A-Y-E-R.... OHHHHHHH I love to eat it everyday and if you ask me why I saaayyyyyy, "Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!"

First Song A'd: Sweet Sweet Love Magic-Light, AA'd: Colors-Light, AAA'd: None frown.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jeff's Bawls
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes while I'm waiting for my memory card to load in the machine, I start stepping on the pad and making steps for that music while I'm waiting.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I hear a song, I'll usually tap out a step pattern with my fingernails, but I never keep track of what directions they go. Just sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DO I DO I DO I....DO!

Seriously, though, I do stuff like that ALL the time. I even started to make steps for a few songs, but since IDK how to adapt those into DWI files, screw it.

I'll tap out a beat with my fingers, make step-noises with my mouth, or even step like it's an actual DDR song if I'm sitting.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Misaki's Midnite Blaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do it every single song that I listen to on my winamp player, even right now even and the song is Don't Stop The Music by Initial D E4.gif

Osaka wants some love tooooooo
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Vic Viper
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.

And when that happens, I end up make the steps on "Stepmania".
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, but usually only if I had the thought that the song would be good for DDR.

Prizm
View users profile Send private message
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I tend to think of IIDX note patterns.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zukin-Man wrote:
When I hear a song, I'll usually tap out a step pattern with my fingernails, but I never keep track of what directions they go. Just sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing.

Thats exactly what I do, it's weird, I can't help it sometimes. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. A
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes if I close my eyes when listening to the music I can visualize the step patterns!
View users profile Send private message
Evil_Wolfie
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zukin-Man wrote:

That's exactly what I do, too. If I hear a familiar song or if it's just something that sounds nice on the radio, I'll usually make up random steps. I don't really pay attention to what steps they actually are, and it usually happens without me even knowing. laugh.gif

Sometimes my feet are involved, but I never get them off the ground and make steps on the floor while I'm sitting. I just use my toes and tap them inside my shoes. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
x_crimsonxase_x
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At times I do to be honest, thinking of steps to songs are quite fun
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philipio wrote:
Yeah, I do. And when I listened to Moby - Thousand, I thought, "WOW, I WONDER WHAT THE BPM ON THAT WOULD BE"

Dude, that'd be a scary sight to be. It'd probably go ZZZOOOMMM on the screen erm.gif

But yes, I too like to make up steps to some differnt music that I listen or hear. That's sorta the main reason why I want to learn to make step files for StepMania and such. And the same applies when I'm thinking about IIDX I"ll tap my fingers like it's on the IIDX machine.

I know I cant spell! You dont have to remind me!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: