Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

new to DDR.....

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antoniov218
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: new to DDR..... Reply with quote

Hey guys whats up? I was just wondering how fast some of you got good at this game, I have the xbox version and a modded soft pad and i can do quite a few of the songs on standard (paranioa, absolute, ect.) and only one heavy song (ready, steady,go). I first played DDR at a friends b-day party on his ps2 and got hooked, that was also only a few days ago. Its seems to come pretty easy to me due to my heavy percussion background. I just wanted to know if i am progressing halfway decently or whatever. I also want to try to go to the arcade and try it out for real...
View users profile Send private message
KakumeiKitty
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple things.

1 - Percussion is where it's at.

2 - You won't get any better at Dance Dance unless you play at the arcade.

That is all.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
antoniov218
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it just the playing surface that makes the biggest difference or what? Oh, are the songs that are on the xbox version gonna be in the arcade?? Sorry for the stupid questions EDIT: i think my local arcade has ddrmax2?? unshure tho
KakumeiKitty
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox me no likey.. but that's beside the point...

The arcade is an entirely different experience than the home version. Soft mats are the devil incarnate and should be burned upon a stake frown.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Sesshomaru
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antoniov218 wrote:
is it just the playing surface that makes the biggest difference or what? Oh, are the songs that are on the xbox version gonna be in the arcade?? Sorry for the stupid questions EDIT: i think my local arcade has ddrmax2?? unshure tho

lets just put it this way, basicly every song on a DDR console mix(except ones the are exclusive to the console mix) would be on a machine in the arcade. plus, i suggest you go out and buy MAX or MAX2 for the PS2, the Xbox ultramix is lame compared to what the PS2 versions have. plus, the aracade is the best place to play, period.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be progessing fine, just don't jump too far ahead of yourself. There's techniques to be learned in Light and Standard modes. I can't figure out how you're passing Ready Steady Go, though...I've played it a few times and still can't A that song, and I'm fine with 9-footers...it's all those off-beats I guess.

Prizm
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

6. PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: new to DDR..... Reply with quote

antoniov218 wrote:
I just wanted to know if i am progressing halfway decently or whatever.

The best place to find out your progress is in the Gameplay forum. Check there for all your Gameplay needs.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: