Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ddr Conditioning

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_AFROSAMURAI_
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Ddr Conditioning Reply with quote

What exercises do you think prep you, and,or make you stronger/better for ddr?
View users profile Send private message
kablooie13
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think gameplay itself is the best conditioning.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
arnoct
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. If you want to build your stamina, though, try harder/more strenuous songs. I used to die after playing seven-footers, but then I started playing A on heavy and it helped in building my stamina. You gotta constantly push yourself, or else your skill will just level off and you'll never get any better.

/robodex two thousand and five
/#bemani on irc.dynastynet.net -- talk about bemani stuff.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
_AFROSAMURAI_
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but what do you guys think would work for building up stamina for MAXX UNLIMITED
L1nK
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

practice over and over in training.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"train harder than you race"

so play lom to practice for maxx
Ryu_Hirakashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't listen to these people. They don't know what they are talking about.

By their logic just playing alone is supposed to make you stronger!!! blink.gif

No!!! If you want to gain the stamina needed you have to run and sprint. You've got to build up a weekly routine.

You've got to find out what works for you and work on it.

If you do that then you're body will be stronger in the end.

Hell, you might be capable of much more than playing ddr if you devote yourself.

Now, I wonder if any of you other guys who responded ever trained for an event.

Obviously, you people haven't

Oh well, I have said too much now

Edit: Eating good foods like fruit and such is just as important as the training. Hell, if you lived in my area we could go running everyday. E4.gif

Ryu Hiragoshi
For a beginner, if learning how to play pop'n music is like a parent holding his / her child's hand while crossing a busty street, then learning to play IIDX is like being kicked out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere and having to scrape enough money for a taxi cab ride home.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheKnightOfNee
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lift cars and then I track down bears in the wild and eat them whole. That training and diet helps my DDR skills greatly.

Seriously though, I just practice more to get better. And I ran track in high school, that probably helped.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Prizm
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used to be able to pass So Deep. I understood the steps and all, but my legs simply couldn't hold out longer than about 1/3 of the song.

I just kept practicing it (without the bar of course) along with other 9-footers, and now I can do it. Probably took a couple months after I started 9-footers to be able to pass that song.

Now I'm practicing Max 300, and it reminds me a lot of my trouble with So Deep. I understand the steps but my legs just give out halfway through.

Prizm
Challenge Chicken
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the best physically fit person on this board. But if you want my advice on becoming better. Do songs that YOU KNOW you can't pass, but pick them within reason. (for example, don't play Maxx Unlimited Heavy when you can barely do Beginner)

When I started playing Heavy, the first song I got down was Kick The Can. Pretty easy HEavy Song. I then proceeded to go after the Dam Dariram Remix and Drop Out.

My point is. You will either fail the song or you will push yourself hard in order to pass it. By pushing yourself, you become stronger, IMO
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for traditional exercises that could translate to DDR skill increases, I'd say your best bets are stairmaster type exercises or running through a tire course (like military or football exercise sessions). With tire courses, it would probably be beneficial to run through it facing sideways, as well, as that would help you work on front/back arrow movements and crossovers.

To increase balance, give soccer exercises a try. Here's a PDF on "Trunk and Balance Training" that could help you maintain upper body balance while your feet are moving all over the place.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
_AFROSAMURAI_
Basic Member
Basic Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TheKnightOfNee"]I lift cars and then I track down bears in the wild and eat them whole. That training and diet helps my DDR skills greatly.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!11111one1111111 Thats great LOL.
wingzerogundamepyon
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another know it all wrote:
Now, I wonder if any of you other guys who responded ever trained for an event.

Obviously, you people haven't

Oh well, I have said too much now

Instructions: Open Mouth, Insert left or right foot and enjoy beerchug.gif

I happen to train very heavily for mountain bike racing which my races are from 25-42 miles so stfu or face the wrath of the spork. I tire of people who think you have to do a million different things to get in "ddr shape" there is no exercise similar to ddr, sorry, but the only way to get in ddr shape is to play ddr, trust me its a lot more fun than the gym thumb.gif
dj Tifaheart
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walk around where I work and that's enough as it is. We climb staris all day and pace/walk in the hallways...(I work at a movie theatre. I clean up after people. E10.gif)

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: