Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Urban Legends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATLien
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mytical Asian DDR girl exsists. . . an 8 year old who will randomly come into an arcade and whip our buttocks with a AAA on Max300. . then vanish. I have pictures of her whipping up on someone. . . .

LOL

8th mix machine-around $9000, AAAing Paranoia Survior before your friends - Priceless
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h4x0r wrote:
not much of an urban legend but i had heard somewhere before that in some arcade two guys got in an arguement next to the machine and one got shoved onto the pad and someone playing on the pad smashed his head with their foot while palying......................................that is prolly a lie and a very stupid story and a crappy way to die. but it makes you wonder if anything weird like taht has happened to people playing DDR? erm.gif

=/ he'd have to be stepping pretty hard.. I'd take a wild guess and say that isn't true.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
It's Ambah!
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: A cardboard box located conveniently in front of the nearest WalMart
22. PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have heard the one about the girl dying whilst busting out the matrix walk, that i hvae **have** i can't backspace ..stupid computer!

Myspace

Xanga
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GCGee
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly the robotic voice in the background of the original Sexy Planet is saying "Dance, whore"

Surprised that this hasn't come up in the misheard lyrics thread.
It's Ambah!
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GateCityGenerals wrote:
Supposedly the robotic voice in the background of the original Sexy Planet is saying "Dance, whore"

sexy planet's my fav. song, i've never noticed anythiing strange about it

Myspace

Xanga
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
santAAA
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GateCityGenerals wrote:

I believe he's actually saying "Dancing", but the syllables are pretty spaced out so it's easy to make an assumption.

I think there is a subliminal message in Crash to rock out old people style.
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h4x0r wrote:
not much of an urban legend but i had heard somewhere before that in some arcade two guys got in an arguement next to the machine and one got shoved onto the pad and someone playing on the pad smashed his head with their foot while palying......................................that is prolly a lie and a very stupid story and a crappy way to die. but it makes you wonder if anything weird like taht has happened to people playing DDR?

I step on small children quite often, a couple times during max300 (thier bawling leads to a great attack usually disgust.gif ) and been fwapped in the head by an air hockey puck, but no stepping on and killing anyone (although there IS a certain person around here E9.gif )

apparently theres some oni course thing about legend road and n-ns...being able to get the first 2 songs on legend road as standard or something? i dunno, just something I heard...
Pyroblaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've learned to use the friction from stomping on arrows to fly and throw fireballs.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uNiQ: There is a bug that lets you play Max300 on legend road on standard. What's the point of using it though? If you need to dumb down 300, MaxX would own you riiight.gif (note: I don't mean you personally.)
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

29. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxX is bumped down to standard as well with the oni bug, but if you've played maxX on standard, it sure as hell is no cakewalk either, the oni bug also gets rid of PSMO, and makes it just PSM (i believe)
Sunkist
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uNiq ddRtist223316 wrote:

I step on small children quite often, a couple times during max300 (thier bawling leads to a great attack usually disgust.gif ) and been fwapped in the head by an air hockey puck, but no stepping on and killing anyone (although there IS a certain person around here E9.gif )

I once had to do a song while some careless parents let their son run around the pad, luckily i didnt kill him while playing the song -_- but at the end, i turned to call for his parents and when i wasnt looking he put on some Orion .78 mix on heavy that i CANT do and the crowd laughed at me riiight.gif lol
Liquid Zero
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most weight a DDR Arcade pad on the machine can hold is 300 pounds. Hence the name Max 300...

Nothing very uncanny, but it's a funny coincidence if it's true.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Sunkist
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then what about the other Max's!? erm.gif blink.gif
SLdK
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure if the weight limit of the pad is 200 pounds but i know hte resistance of the pads is around like 600lbs if thats relevant
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long while ago, somebody claimed that their was a subliminal message in the song "Afronova Primeval." The message was like "Play bemani play bemani!" Next time you listen to it, listen closely at the beginning of the song and wait for those elephants to do the sounds that they make (don't know the word for it). The sound that the elephants make will sound A LOT like "Play Bemani! Play Bemani!" To me more specific, it's about three seconds into the song.

If it actually is that, do the subliminal messages really work?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
firefly143
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Hmm.. Reply with quote

Subliminal messages? Hmm? *tries to hide the bodies*

Um, no! They might have some effect on the weak-minded folks but...
There IS an inverse dimension. There IS negative infinity. Your mind is too weak to grasp what I have seen, the harnessing of the opposite elements of the mind, the great conflicts, the egotisic changes, the arguments...the violence...
View users profile Send private message
Lenoh
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play "Oh Nick Please Not So Quick" backwards. Hear message. Be afraid.

"Stomp To My Beat" repeats "Pump It" many times. Then it repeats "Up" many times. Andamiro made that song (j/k)

And I swear Mr. Brian says "GO WORD TO YOUR MOTHER!" in the intro to Crash

And the most obvious one: In The Navy gets louder with the WE WANT YOU parts. It also has an Uncle Sam underlaid under the graphics.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ColorOfSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear that the part in Crash is like "Come with me, you mothers!" (As in mother f[censored!].)

And the pad supports WAAY more than 300 lbs. Haha. Because I'm almost 300 and I bust out the 10 footers all the time. Our pad still works perfectly. XD

The Oni/Nonstop glitch makes Legend Road a little easier. It bumps Max300 and MaxX Unlimited down to Standard and PSMO down to PSM Heavy. But see - if you can't do Max 300 on Heavy, LOM Heavy will own you, so there's no real reason to bother with it, unless you just don't want to expend the energy. I haven't really heard any other Urban Legends for DDR.
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dudes, the pads can hold well over 300 lbs.
i weigh about 150 and i've played people that must be around 300 or 350, and they can bust out the moves on heavy

Myspace

Xanga
Jay In Ohio
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of the one where kids take energy pills before playing, and then in the middle of their set (after playing for a while) one of them has a heart attack and dies because of a combination between the pills and over-working his body.

frown.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: