Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

extra buttons on home pad

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwkouki
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: extra buttons on home pad Reply with quote

YO!!! I was wondering why they make 6 and 8 button pads. I really want a pad that has 4 censors it, NOTHING MORE!!!! I feel like it will affect gameplay. The cobalt pad is so hot but having the start and select buttons could hinder gameplay (since I move around like crazy when I play) If I do lose my mind and buy a cobalt, or modify a my my box, can I make it so only up down left and right will register?
View users profile Send private message
YmkFX
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck selecting songs or special options of going back on menus or skipping the credits screen.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, I hear ya! The same thing happens to me all the time. The triangle sometimes gets held down and then i loose whatever I was doing. Anyway.....I'm building a pad once I get enough money. And to avoid that problem, I think i might build some sort of control box with start, select, triange, and X. Just by rewiring some stuff and getting buttons from home depot or something like that. With your problem , i suppose you could take it apart and snip the wires going to the buttons you don't want. But you may want to reconnect them later. Otherwise, I don't think there's much you can do about that. Actually, all you need to worry about is start and select. Since I don't know much about Cobalt pads, I probably should be giving advice on how to mess with the wiring.
Anyway, have fun and I hope you get this little problem of yours worked out.
Ikonomi
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I'm building a pad right now specifically with X, O, start, and select on the platform. I like having those buttons down there, I guess because I started playing on a Red Octane soft pad and got used to it that way instead of the arcade buttons.

I like being able to navigate game menus with my feet, rather than having to pick up a seperate control box or something. I've never had a problem with one of the "cancel" buttons getting held down. Maybe I am alone.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
hngkong
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize that in the options you can turn off all the buttons but Up, Down, Left, and Right, don't you?
View users profile Send private message
Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CobaltFlux does not have a select button anymore, since select and start DO affect gameplay, especially when you step on them at the same time (can someone say soft-reset?) It is a triangle, however. Just goto game options and turn off controllers when you play, that way ONLY the directionals do anything during play.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: