Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Stepmania Unlock System

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoth
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Stepmania Unlock System Reply with quote

Okay, SM's unlock system. How does it work? What happens if I turn it on? Do songs just lock themselves, to be unlocked later as I play songs? I mean, I can't find any documentation. Help, please?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
RedChrono
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

there is no unlock system for SM.

Load it up, and whatever songs you have put in your song folder will appear there. Nothing to work for.
tekmill
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah there's an unlock system, it's ok, but its' got potential. it's based on your dance points on your system.ini file you might have to reset it first back to 0 that is. then make a file called Unlocks.dat in your data dir.

in that you need something like
[DP]4000|HAVE YOU NEVER BEEN MELLOW

where 4000 = the points you need to unlock a song, and the song title ( as it appears in the DWI) is case sensitive...nothing lets you know it's unlocked it just shows up.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Dead-Meat
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Edited by DDR Freak: Trolling posts removed)
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

4. PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead-Meat wrote:
It's just the fact that I have to do that for 650+ songs kinda puts me off.

Why do you have to do that at all? I never understood that option for people who play at home. When you get a file, don't you want to play it?
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this option was more suited to those people that are like BEMANI Mike's in which they make their own cabinet to house a PC that runs Stepmania. So the unlock system would make it more toward an Actual arcade unit. @_@;

I think that is the only thing it should be used for atleast...
View users profile Send private message
CCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A false sense of accomplishment in unlocking more stuff... Making it more arcade-realistic... *shrugs* I personally would rather have every song available off the bat so I could enjoy them, but that's just me. E10.gif
View users profile Send private message
Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but what would be the point of, say, playing through a game to unlock stuff, if you just unlock it right away? Seems kind of pointless. Then again it all depends on the unlock system. Lets use Super Monkey Ball II, since thats all that comes to mind, if everything were unlocked right away, there would be almost no incentive to play it to unlock everything.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zimny
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope your not trying to say that not having the lock on your stepmania songs makes the whole thing boring. Think of it this way, would you buy a home version of DDR just to unlock everything, or because you like to play DDR? I hope that answer is simple...
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

9. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason arcade and home versions have an unlock system is for a replay value.

Obviously, you wont play if you only have so many songs, so the make you play with the first group for a bit then give you a few songs. Then you play those, then you get bored and more come out. Repeat until all unlocks and unlocked and then play until bored.

Stepmania ALWAYS has new songs coming, so once you get one it's like unlocking it. That is why the simulators tend to have a higher replay value, not to mention things that aren't already on the machine/home.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E19.gif
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

11. PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for no reason? Good work.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: