Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Answers To My Odd Questions?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AciD_five5-SOuL
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Answers To My Odd Questions? Reply with quote

I've been nonstop downloading songs the last 3 days but in the time between I have actually gotten in a little game play but I have some questions. . I looked but I could not find so here I am:

1.ANSWERED

2.And adding on to that question. .. I tried to edit a song(on top of not even knowing how to add arrows besides real time arrow placement) and I wanted to do a "slow-down speed up" type thing . . . I used Kakumei as a reference but when I tried to slow down even more I didnt line the numbers up with the already synced slow down point . .leaving me with 3 lines of slowdown screwing up the beat .. .how do I erase this?

3.Say I actually DO learn how to edit. . .how do I play my edited steps?

4.ANSWERED.
[B]You actually CAN! I realized that some of the song files are "read-only" so you have to right click the DWI file and uncheck the box then you can edit the notepad file, add "#SAMPLESTART:" and set the time frame.

5.ANSWERED

6.ANSWERED

7.ANSWERED

Any help would be appricieated in the long run. E13.gif

If Music Sounds Better With You by Stardust was in DDR I would tear that machine UP!

Last edited by AciD_five5-SOuL on Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
[S4U] Evo
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1.Is there a way to have certian songs display the japaneese icons like in the arcade? ala Kakumei, Japan, Daik? Does the japaneese skin do this somewhat? And if so would that in turn allow you to somehow use the symbols?

I dont think you can with 3.0 final (i think only CVS version allows you to have the jap icons) you can get the latest stepmania CVS here

Quote:
5.My MAX 2 announceer download dosen't work .. .I think it corrupted before I even installed it since I got a funky message. . I have 3.0 and if thats the problem where's the upgrade? Maybe I should download with a more efficient program?

what "funky" message? Also just so you know you have to turn it on in the options menu...maybe you forgot to turn it on or something? cus i have the same one and it works fine with both CVS and 3.0 final

Quote:
6.I downloaded a cource pack. . .I unzipped it, and put it(meaning ALL the courses and banners) in one folder named COURSES in the COURSES folder . and of course it dosent work. I had the zipped file in the course folder does that have anythign to do with it? Mine is like this:

ex: COURSES>COURSES>ALL COURSES

Or are you telling me that I need to do COURSES>FOLDERS SEPERATING VARIOUS COURSES>DATA FOR THE COURSE?

ex:COURSE>NAOKI STANDARD>DATA like that?

Code:
Courses:
When you download a course (.crs file), it will generally include the .crs file and the banner for the course. You must previously own the songs for the course to work. Put the course (.crs and .png) into the Course folder (located in the root). If the course still doesn't work make sure the path matches correctly by opening the .crs file in note pad. Make it so the directory looks like this (generally):

#SONG:(subfolder where the songs are located)\(song title NOT DWI FOLDER NAME):(Difficulty):(modifiers);

Make sure everything matches, if it still doesn't show your DWI might not match the criteria of the .crs file. Make sure the DWI has the correct difficulty and so on.

I took that from the SIM FAQ

sorry i couldnt help out with the other questions though disgust.gif

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
AciD_five5-SOuL
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky message meaning it said there was an error with something after it downloaded. But when I go to the game I turned on the options that let me have announcer and I got no voice. . .but I'll try again.

and thanks for the course thing. . I know for a fact that I had the right songs but I'm still kind of confused.

1.Do I need to make each oni course in a seperate folder? Because I didn't last time. I also think a bit of my problem might be because I kept the folder names that came with the file but I have mine as "DDR_mix" as opposed to "Dance Dance Revolution _mix".

So I'll try out the thing you said .. even though I have to re download a oni pack -_- (thanks btw) and I got one more question:

8.How do you make songs unlockable? And I seen the other thread only it didn't help . .and when you try to add to the files you look at in notepad it dosent save.

If Music Sounds Better With You by Stardust was in DDR I would tear that machine UP!
AciD_five5-SOuL
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . .:sad:

I downloaded the CVS upgrade but when I started it none of my song loaded! So I tried to move the CVS version into my 3.0 folder and it messed up 3.0 so CVS wouldn't have any songs and 3.0 wouldn't work! I almost lost my goddamn mind! I freaked out and deleted CVS and reinstalled 3.0 .. what the heck just happened.. . .

<---inept

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: