Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

EMS USB Adapter problems

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silly Puppy
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: EMS USB Adapter problems Reply with quote

My EMS USB Adapter arrived yesterday, but I'm having an issue or two which prevent me from enjoying it.

First, Windows XP sees the adapter as two "4 axis 16 button joystick" controllers. Is that correct?

Second, calibrating it doesn't work, because stepping on any of the directionals not only registers as up/down/left/right, but also as a button press, which exits the calibration screen.

Third, there's a switch which can be set to "PC" or "GAME". I realize that the adapter could be used in the PS2 (which I plan on trying out soon!), so I assume that the switch should be set to "PC". Would I be mistaken?

I've tried setting "Ignore Joy Axes" to ON, but I still can't hit left+right or up+down at the same time. Any suggestions?
Silly Puppy
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: Problems solved! Reply with quote

I tinkered with the settings for a while (not that Windows XP allows much of that, but, thankfully, StepMania does), and found a combination of settings that work for me. I figured I'd list 'em out, in case anyone needs them in the future:

- USB Adapter switch set to Game
- Pad connected to "Gun Controller" port on adapter
- Auto-Map Joysticks set to OFF
- Ignore Joy Axes set to ON
- Used Controller config screen to manually map each step directional to an arrow press.
cristian989
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try to find a ps2 controller driver, and install it. I did that and xp recognized it my adaptor easily (it even has settings to choose from, and one of them is "dance pad"). If you want it, Instant message me on AIM and ill send it to ya.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
freakypriest
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is like you described it, it is like it should be. I am using the same thin with my two pad.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: