Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Changing Timings on SM

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[K-OS] Flash
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Changing Timings on SM Reply with quote

Is it possible to change the time windows for getting perfects and greats and what not for Stepmania CVS? If anyone knows if you can tell me.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
[R]
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be 100% sure about this as i don't have the CVS (as it has a habit of stopping SM from working) but it's worth a try.

Open up your SM folder and make a backup of Stepmania.ini. Open up stepmania.ini and look for something that looks like this...

JudgeWindowSeconds=0.999999
JudgeWindowPerfectPercent=0.999999
JudgeWindowGreatPercent=0.000001
JudgeWindowGoodPercent=0.000000

and just edit the numbers. Currently, this would cause perfects to be incredibly easy to get

and

JudgeWindowSeconds=0.200000
JudgeWindowPerfectPercent=0.250000
JudgeWindowGreatPercent=0.500000
JudgeWindowGoodPercent=0.250000

is default (i think)
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't tried it out yet but looks like it'll work. Does anyone know the judgewindows for the arcade machines (specifically Extreme)? Thanks.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Tsunami Forever
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Changing Timings on SM Reply with quote

Flash Unlimited wrote:
Is it possible to change the time windows for getting perfects and greats and what not for Stepmania CVS? If anyone knows if you can tell me.
Why? So ya can cheat? E15.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Changing Timings on SM Reply with quote

Tsunami Forever wrote:
Flash Unlimited wrote:
Why? So ya can cheat? E15.gif

Nah i don't wanna cheat. It's just i'm finding the settings i have on right now are too easy. I wanna make it a little for difficult and that could also improve my DDR skill.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Purple Monkey of Doom
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nah i don't wanna cheat. It's just i'm finding the settings i have on right now are too easy. I wanna make it a little for difficult and that could also improve my DDR skill.

yeah flash, absolutely agreed. I find i can aa songs at home with ease on Sm, but when I get to the arcade nowadays, my pa falls into a sh*ithole of great attack. Anybody know the extreme timing windows, it'd be much appreciated?

--Jeff
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: