Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

For those of you who play DWI on the keyboard...
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: For those of you who play DWI on the keyboard... Reply with quote

For those of you who play DWI on the keyboard with two fingers(one on each hand), I have a new method for you to try out on the insanely fast/hard songs. I'm talking, VitaEX's M, BMR's Gravity, and BMR's A on shuffle, and BMR's V on shuffle. Those type...

I just figured this out tonight... and I'm quite excited about it. I now play those insanely fast songs with four fingers, one on each key. My index finger of my right hand on the top arrow, my middle finger of my right hand on the right arrow, my middle finger of my left hand on the left arrow, and my index finger of my left hand on the down arrow.

I never thought I'd clear M in my life(though I did yesterday with two fingers before this method)... let alone on Shuffle, Flat, Reverse, Dark, 2x with a C. And using this method I was able to get 9 greats, 3 goods, and 5 misses on BMR's V Heavy: 4x, shuffle, flat, dark, reverse. I also cleared A on Shuffle using this method, BMR's Colors Oni on Hidden, Dark, Shuffle, Flat, Reverse, 3x with a B... and BMR's Gravity on Shuffle, dark, reverse, flat, 2x with a C.

On normal 4x reverse dark, my best for BMR's V heavy is 5 greats. Not shuffle... without crazy hard-note-combinations that it can deal out using shuffle! And with shuffle I got 9 greats, 3 goods, 5 misses using this method(before I would only get an A on shuffle with two fingers)... the closest to a full combo I got was 1 good; AA.

Seriously, if you guys that play like I used to (heck or anyone) give this a whirl, don't expect to master it the first run... just give the new play method a few tries before calling it quits. It really helped me beat some of those amazingly hard songs, like BMR Gravity... not only that, but on SHUFFLE too! I just thought I'd share my new method of playing fast songs with everyone, and see if it'll help you guys as much as it helped me. =D Try and see, I'm curious to hear how it works for you guys.
Hush
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the same method you do, but only when I absolutely have to. That's probably only on colors oni and gravity. Even on Colors Oni, I play with 2 fingers. Yeah, I never thought I would even get to the slow down of Gravity, then I wondered if I could use two fingers on one hand to hit those arrows. I want to practice it some more and full combo it.

For me, using 2 fingers on A is alot easier then using 4 fingers, but only because I've practiced tapping my fingers fast enough wherever I could. I started tapping in class and everyone thought I was trying to drum.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how I started playing on the keyboard and on the controller. My brother thinks it's cheating with using two hands, but I haven't seen him beat Max300 on MAXUSA on the controller yet with one hand. laugh.gif I've had little to no problems passing all the hard fast songs on the controller using this way.
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sivus plays with four fingers. Although all four fingers are on the same hand.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hush wrote:
I use the same method you do, but only when I absolutely have to. That's probably only on colors oni and gravity. Even on Colors Oni, I play with 2 fingers. Yeah, I never thought I would even get to the slow down of Gravity, then I wondered if I could use two fingers on one hand to hit those arrows. I want to practice it some more and full combo it.

For me, using 2 fingers on A is alot easier then using 4 fingers, but only because I've practiced tapping my fingers fast enough wherever I could. I started tapping in class and everyone thought I was trying to drum.

Yeah, I still use 2 fingers for most stuff... it's just those really hard 16th chains in already fast songs... especially if they are turns or something... are too hard to hit with two fingers. So far, the only songs that require me to do this for are Gravity(normal and shuffle), A (shuffle), and M(shuffle). Playing this way on V helps me get fewer misses, but my accuracy also goes down. But, yeah... I guess I was just excited that I finally beat Gravity normally and on shuffle. =D
Frinky
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For hard /fast songs, I use four on one hand. Thumb on down, index finger on left, middle finger on top, and ring finger on right.
View users profile Send private message
proficiator
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...

when i play on keyboard I use 6 fingers....I find it works beautifully, feels kinda like typing..

I have "wasd" as up, left, down, right, and the arrows for my right hand.

Usually though I play on the a ps2 controller that is hooked into a ps2 to usb converter E4.gif
View users profile Send private message
MangaboyX
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing fine with 2 fingers, but I'll try it for like payon or something.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Mikeh
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play with my right hand, three fingers mainly (index finger on left, the middle finger on up/down, and my ring finger on right) and when I have freezes going on I use my thumb for left or down if needed (like Breakdown). I can play things using two fingers (one from each hand) but that is just for the songs with a lot of gallops (like Witch Doctor).

I have an idea though: Using the keyboard as a dance pad and use two fingers from one hand.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
k//eternal
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a pad hooked up now, but for songs I can't do on the pad (anything over 3-foot difficulty... yeah, I suck, but I just started) I use 3 fingers on Numpad 4 (left), 5 (down), 8 (up), and 6 (right). Makes down/up freeze arrows a bit tough when I have to press the other key, but then I move in another finger or switch fingers really fast... for up/down alternating steps I just move my middle finger between them... I've gotten really fast at doing that, I do it for MAX songs too...

Very good exercise for your middle finger. Probably the benefit of all this is that I can flip people off extra-fast ^_^

No, I don't use that skill often...
Pikachelsea
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: For those of you who play DWI on the keyboard... Reply with quote

Saiyajin wrote:
I just figured this out tonight... and I'm quite excited about it. I now play those insanely fast songs with four fingers, one on each key. My index finger of my right hand on the top arrow, my middle finger of my right hand on the right arrow, my middle finger of my left hand on the left arrow, and my index finger of my left hand on the down arrow.

Uh, you didn't just "figure that out"... I've been using that style ever since I started playing DWI, and I'm sure many others have too. But yes, it is very useful. Way to finally catch on. laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
onoessnaked
Staff Member
Staff Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play with two fingers on my right hand, using the numberpad. 1 for left, 5 for up, 2 for down, 3 for right. If I have awkward things, I can use my thumb or my ring finger, but usually it's just my index and forefingers.

Playing with two hands confuses me o_O riiight.gif

Well, it explains the disappearance
Frown.dk
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My natural feel is to use my left index for left, and alternate my index and middle fingers of my right for up, down and right. It works well, but it fucks me over when they start throwing a ton of ups and downs at me. No wonder I'm such a n00b. riiight.gif

But today I tried out the "four fingers" technique. Works like a charm. E1.gif
Cookies
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do just fine my way. I can AA BMR's A and Gravity my way. I'll stick with it.

I use both of my index fingers, but for extremely fast things I end up using 3 fingers on one hand and a little assistance from the other.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
G-Dragon
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: For those of you who play DWI on the keyboard... Reply with quote

Pikachelsea wrote:
Saiyajin wrote:

Uh, you didn't just "figure that out"... I've been using that style ever since I started playing DWI, and I'm sure many others have too. But yes, it is very useful. Way to finally catch on. laugh.gif

Um, by "finally catching on" doesn't that mean he just "figured it out"?

Holy crap, I can't stand when people try to be witty and fail horribly.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to always use only my two index fingers, so it's similar to doing it on feet. I can easily see what can be alternated/spun/etc that way.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, yeah. Two index fingers was the way I used to play until I finally got so sick of Gravity raping me, that I decided to try alternate methods. I never read about it, I just thought it up myself... which is why I said "I figured out a new method of playing"... just came up out of the blue for me. So, true, I didn't "discover" it, but I did come to the new conclusion without consent from other sources.

Wow, a lot of people play one-handed... props to you guys. I have tried that, but I fail horribly on nearly everything. I suppose it would work well though, once you get used to it.

Vibrating Groovy Sexfiend: Cool, good job. What method do you use to do so awesome with Gravity?
ceejaysez
Basic Member
Basic Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im using one hand but with 3 fingers.... left=index, front and back= middle, rite=ring.... I got bored playing with all four and i wanted to try somethin new. i played one hand and 2 fingers fun but a bit difficult making up.gif right.gif arrows simuntaneously and alternatively on half and quarter beats.... i had to change the position of my hand thus missing the following arrows.

love.gif down.gif love.gif Isnt she hot? love.gif down.gif love.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceejaysez wrote:
love.gif down.gif love.gif Isnt she hot? love.gif down.gif love.gif

shocked.gif OMG, yes. Good lord... amazingly attractive. thumb.gif
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

19. PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay on topic.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: