Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Stepmania Different Feeling Than Real Games?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cirrsplat
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Stepmania Different Feeling Than Real Games? Reply with quote

I was playing stepmania today with my cobalt flux pads using a ems usb 2 thing, and I did horrible. The arrows feel... different than DDR Max on PS2. I was wondering if other people have this problem (it's my own problem, not blaming stepmania). Like I feel ok playing on PS2 or in the arcades, but stepmania... I feel like the arrows are delayed or something. Please post your thoughts.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Andreq
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Stepmania Different Feeling Than Real Games? Reply with quote

Cirrsplat wrote:
I was playing stepmania today with my cobalt flux pads using a ems usb 2 thing, and I did horrible. The arrows feel... different than DDR Max on PS2. I was wondering if other people have this problem (it's my own problem, not blaming stepmania). Like I feel ok playing on PS2 or in the arcades, but stepmania... I feel like the arrows are delayed or something. Please post your thoughts.

Stepmania have strange frame rate...

Try DWI... i was playing stepmania for months and months and yesterday I cahnged to DWI and its f**** better
tortoise
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's just the way simulators go. I've yet to find a simulator that felt 100% on. Even with the most expertly synced songs, it always feels a tad off. Real ddr has the advantage of having the steps and music hard coded together. They're probably even the same data structure (similiar to how a video file syncs its audio and video together).
View users profile Send private message
Cirrsplat
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is cool. I guess I'm not the only one who thought it was just different, even though the arrows are on beat. I can play with my fingers fine but with pads it's different. But it sucks there isn't a simulator that feels like game 100%. My brother and I couldn't even put up with Stepmania and just went back to Max.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ZOOT
Roxor Staff
Roxor Staff

4. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Stepmania Different Feeling Than Real Games? Reply with quote

Cirrsplat wrote:
I was playing stepmania today with my cobalt flux pads using a ems usb 2 thing, and I did horrible. The arrows feel... different than DDR Max on PS2. I was wondering if other people have this problem (it's my own problem, not blaming stepmania). Like I feel ok playing on PS2 or in the arcades, but stepmania... I feel like the arrows are delayed or something.

The exact position of the arrows doesn't matter, if you're listening to the music. Try playing in hidden or dark.

Also, make sure you're using a current snapshot, not 3.0; the timing has been improved. It can help to turn off vsync or raise your refresh rate, too; a higher framerate helps.
View users profile Send private message
Tsunami Forever
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lastest snapshot runs really smooth....feels like the arcade to me
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but what does that all mean? lol... latest snapshot and how do I raise the framerate?

Yeah, it doesn't matter when playing just by sound, because I practically know some songs and do fine but that's because I know them. It's harder for songs I don't know.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: