Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Affronova an Indian song?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDSUMarcus01
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazar wrote:
In that case, maybe it's the way that Exotic Ethnic is played that makes is sound Egyptian.... that makes sense.

Re-venge isn't pop. pop = Michael Jackson and Britney Spears. It's more like tribal house..... kinda..... ok, it's just dance remixes of ethnic songs.... but not pop.

Quazar

No, RevenG is considered pop. Pop is simply music that is popular to the younger generation. When it comes to foreign music styles, and when people of a certain musical backgroup try to mix their style with the styles of other areas, it's know as world pop (aka world beat)... and some specifics of those are afro-pop, china-pop, india-pop. The traditional music of japan sounds very little like the music that's in DDR... and since most of the music originates from Japan and appeals to a younger audience, it's Japan Pop.

Technically heavy metal, punk, and rap are all pop, however people have used pop as a term for a genre rather than the broader aspect, which is what I used for describing RevenG.

Last edited by SDSUMarcus01 on Fri May 23, 2003 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
SDSUMarcus01
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely doubt afronova originated from a sample from Indian music. None of the Indian music I've listened to sound remotely close to the vocals in Afronova...

More specifically because the vocalists don't ornament the notes... which is sorta exampled at this site: http://www.sandhyasanjana.com just click on the play tanpura link.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Elektro Tal
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is this thread still alive?

In anycase, there is a lot of islamic music. the entire sufi branch of islam is based on singing about god. it highly influenced north indian classical music. Fundies don't frown on music, they frown on 'western' music, that is, non religious stuff. Frankly, i agree. Islamic music is just better, and this is coming from a Hindu =)

Oh, and its Indo-pop, not india-pop. And J-pop, K-pop, Canton pop, etc.

guh. this thread was stupid to begin with.
View users profile Send private message
Kerf
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. I've allways thought that EE was indian, but the way the intruments, like the notes and how fast it is just has that kind of "ejypt" thing going on.. but still it allways sounded indian... blarg, Elektro Tal is teh smart arsh!
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Quazar
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

......... Re-Venge music is popular to the younger generation?..... riiiiight.

Last time I checked, Re-Venge music wasn't playing on any radio stations anywhere.

In any case, this thread is old. So let's stop posting. :-P

Quazar
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: